Third Party Risk & Outsourcing Regulatory Affairs/Strategy, VP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase's (JPMC) Corporate Third Party Oversight (CTPO) Program is a function within Global Supplier Services (GSS), responsible for developing, deploying and overseeing the framework that drives the effective use of suppliers to accomplish strategic goals. The CTPO Program covers oversight for both external Third Party suppliers (TPO) and internal Intra-Affiliate (IAO) services and also includes Supplier Assurance Services (SAS) Governance and Risk Design. The CTPO Program is responsible for building Program awareness across the firm and ensuring consistency globally across all Lines of Business (LOBs) and Corporate groups including the understanding of outsourcing regulatory requirements and periodic updates to regulators on the CTPO Program.
As an experienced leader in regulatory affairs, strategy and regulatory interactions, you will play a leading role in developing and advancing the firm’s global policy positions on third party and intra-affiliate outsourcing matters. As the outsourcing regulatory landscape continues to evolve, a deep understanding of JPMC Regulatory Authorities' policies, rules and guidance is required to develop proactive strategies to meet regulatory expectations and foster sound Program policies and practices. You will regularly collaborate and partner closely with internal stakeholders such as JPMC firmwide Office of Regulatory Affairs, Legal, and Technology to drive the development of regulatory engagement strategies and develop relationships with industry partners and regulators to promote ideas and advance the firm’s interests. This role is responsible for driving the third party risk management and outsourcing regulatory strategy and policy by interfacing with regulators, monitoring and reporting on the regulatory landscape on industry developments, remain current on emerging issues and develop forward-looking materials, based on new policies, regulations, industry initiatives, and trends.
You will be involved in high-priority initiatives and projects, develop Program position statements, draft responses to regulatory consultation papers and prepare executive summaries and presentations as required. While the role requires regulatory policy and supervision understanding, it also requires strong teamwork and thought leadership and demonstrated ability to articulate complex information with clarity and brevity.
Responsibilities of the role and related experience required include:
- Development and implementation of formal engagement strategies and plans to advance CTPO’s regulatory objectives across regions and jurisdictions
- Arranging key contact meetings and coordinating detailed agendas
- Drafting responses to regulatory consultation papers and requests for information
- Creating compelling communications and presentation materials that clearly communicate objectives and Program positions
- Conducting analysis of relevant public policy and regulatory policy and industry white papers
- Collaborating with and fostering strong internal relationships with the firm’s Office of Regulatory Affairs, Global Cyber team, Legal, Risk, Compliance and Technology teams
- Identifying themes from JPMC’s regulatory engagement experience to inform policy and advocacy development
- Developing reporting and executive briefing products on project status, policy positions, policy impacts, current state and emerging trends and recommended strategy/actions
- Building strong external relationships – participating and representing the firm in external meetings and with industry peers and trade associations
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience, MS/MA preferred
- Knowledge of outsourcing/third party risk regulations and/or other financial industry regulations preferred
- Expertise in regulatory affairs, research and analysis of financial regulations, and development of related materials
- Proven ability to liaise with regulatory agencies, industry groups and a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience creating and delivering executive level presentations- strong working knowledge in MS Power Point