Credit Risk Business Analyst - Associate - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Treasury and the Chief Investment Office (TCIO) within JPMorgan is responsible for firm wide asset and liability management for one of the world’s largest global financial institutions with a $2.5 trillion balance sheet, including more than $900 billion in loans and $1.4 trillion in deposits. Because it sits at the very center of the firm, TCIO directly influences the composition of the firm’s balance sheet as well the activities of the firm’s four main lines of business (LOBs): Asset & Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Corporate & Investment Bank, and Consumer & Community Banking.
The Capital Product team within the TCIO function and are responsible for driving all large and complex initiatives across Credit Risk Capital to deliver key priorities for the Firm including the implementation of ongoing regulatory changes and the development of a new reporting and analytics application. The team partners closely with a wide array of stakeholders around the Firm such as Basel Measurement and Analytics (BM&A) & Regional Capital calculation and reporting teams, Capital and Liquidity Policy on internal rule interpretation, Chief Data Offices to initiate data lineages/scoping, Technology, Capital Management, Lines of Businesses, etc. while overseeing capital model development and implementation.
Job Title – Business Analysis - Associate
We are looking for a candidate for the role of Business Analyst to join the Capital Product team. This role is key to our ongoing delivery of regulatory change including latest changes introduced with Basel III Finalization (a.k.a. Basel 4 in US / CRR3 in EU).
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the team to formulate execution strategies and propose innovative approaches to implement new regulations, capital interpretations, and model changes
- Develop and oversee the execution of capital implementations
- Collaboration with functional teams and various technology groups to gather requirements and execute project plan to completion, ensuring high quality delivery in line with regulatory and business requirements
- Documentation and delivery of comprehensive, high quality Business Requirements and Functional Specifications
- Preparation of detailed test cases / expected results and performance of both Functional and User Acceptance Testing
- Identification of project benefits and establishment of project success criteria / definition of done
- Ability to track key milestones and highlight key risks, issues and dependencies on specific items
- Drive change control and configuration management processes
- Ability to manage, influence and motivate upward and downward
- Resolve conflict through expert collaboration and broad decision-making
- Adherence to a challenging delivery schedule in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Liaise with appointed project contacts to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project
- Communicate and liaise with Program Sponsors and Senior Stakeholders regularly
- Advanced experience in treasury, financial or regulatory reporting areas at a large financial institution
- Working knowledge of regulatory capital rules
- Experience working in large and complex initiatives across multiple functional groups in a high demand environment
- Self-starter with ability to independently manage own work across initiatives and demonstrated ability to multi-task and respond quickly to changing priorities or issues
- Experience with data structures, systems, and large and complex datasets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience presenting to large groups
- Proficiency in MS Office product suite (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint) required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Basel III Finalization rules and analysis against U.S. and EMEA Basel III
- Ability to query large datasets using SQL, Python, Alteryx etc.
- An understanding of key Data Governance and Principals