Network Management Oversight (NMO) - 602 Senior Associate
Job Type: Full time
Network Management Oversight (NMO) 602 Senior Associate
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients’ needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Network Management, CASS & UK Outsourcing is a global function within Digital & Platform Services (DPS) of the CIB. This role resides within Network Management which is responsible for managing J.P. Morgan’s network of agent banks and financial market infrastructures (FMIs) ensuring they meet the firm’s requirements for oversight of cash and securities services for principal and client activities. The network of providers includes banks, sub custodians, payment systems, central counterparties, securities depositories and cheque clearing systems. Network Management has over 200 staff in multiple locations, a commitment to diversity and provides coverage across global markets and to selected clients. While the group resides within the CIB, it supports multiple J.P. Morgan’s lines of business including Corporate & Investment Bank (Global Markets; Securities Services; Wholesale Payments), Asset & Wealth Management, Commercial Bank and Consumer & Community Banking.
Our department – Network Management
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join the Network Oversight Assessment (NMO) team.
Network Management Oversight (NMO) is responsible for the management and oversight of the Third Party Oversight (TPO) process for Agent Banks and Financial Market Institutions (FMIs) globally. In addition to leading the end-to-end oversight process, key artefacts are collated from within Network Management and across the firm to compile an annual Final Assessment Report (FAR) on all Agent Bank and FMI relationships
The successful applicant will report to the NMO Oversight Lead (VP) who is based in Bournemouth
Location - Bournemouth
The role is based in Bournemouth, which is home to the largest Network Management footprint including representation, not just from the Network Oversight but also Network Market Management, Network Performance Management, Network Client Consulting, Regulatory and Legal team and more.
- Identifying and closing out any risks, issues or actions, partnering with the Network Management teams
- Managing and Building relationships with a broad spectrum of internal stakeholders throughout the firm
- Engaging with stakeholders across Network Management and the LOB’s to ensure agent/FMI relationships are maintained in line with corporate policy and regulatory requirements and standards
- Key participant in the management and oversight of the Third Party Oversight (TPO) process for Agent Banks and Financial Market Institutions (FMIs) globally
- Build strong, trusted relationships with Network Management and Business partners, inclusive of support functions such as Finance, Risk and Compliance
- Strong adherence to Operational procedures and controls.
- Confident speaker and clear communicator (written and oral), the role involves frequent partnership with Network Market Managers, internal Business Partners and Technology in a global organization
- Stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Delivery focused
- Knowledge of Securities / Cash products and flows (e.g. impact of Industry / market developments on use of agent banks & financial market infrastructures)
- Ability to build relationships with and influence colleagues, business leaders and functional partners
- Confident communicator with ability to provide clear and succinct verbal and written updates
- Instill a culture of risk awareness, proactive risk identification and assessment
- Strong team player with aptitude for risk management, compliance and oversight and control
- Motivated self-starter, with the ability to pick up and learn new skills and knowledge quickly
- Organized, methodical in approach with sound judgment to make independent and informed decisions based upon information provided and guidance received
- Excellent relationship management skills, able to liaise with senior management
- Intellectual curiosity, able to manage with facts and detail
- Experience in the following applications
- Alteryx or Tableau (would be advantageous)