Chase UK controls Manager
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
International Consumer Business (ICB):
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is expanding its business and is investing in innovative ways to attract customers, deepen engagement and drive increased satisfaction through delightful interactions with digital products and experiences. Our team is at the heart of driving this transformation, focused on developing innovative offerings that put the customer at the centre. We believe that engaging, relevant and contextual content is at the heart of personalized customer experiences. We're also committed to designing content for reuse in a way that's measurable and consistent.
We are seeking candidates who want to be part of building digital products and services across the globe in a start-up atmosphere, backed by one of the leading financial services providers worldwide. Join us from select areas around the globe in the continued growth of our business.
Culture is important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, honest, passionate, and hungry individuals who are motivated to use and expand their skills, while working on a new and exciting venture. ICB's unwavering commitment to attract, train, develop, and retain the best talent is on constant display within its highly visible Control Management organization.
Control Management (CM):
CM maintains a strong and consistent control environment through a joint accountability model that aligns managers with each line of business, function and region to mitigate operational risk. The team focuses on four areas: Risk Identification & Assessment, Control Design & Evaluation, Issue Management, and Control Governance & Reporting.
- Engage with Servicing and Operations stakeholders to evaluate and perform an end-to-end analysis of the business’ operational risk and control environment to identify significant control gaps, weaknesses and resolutions in order to reduce financial loss, regulatory exposure, and reputational risk
- Ensure that controls are properly designed, and operating effectively
- Set your career on Auto-Grow by overlaying your self-cultivated technology, process management and operational risk skills to support the development of the Control and Operational Risk Evaluation (CORE) environment including operational controls libraries
- Support a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols
- Review and analyse program-related data frames (e.g., KRIs/KPIs) to proactively identify existing and emerging operational risks to business-related programs and strategies
Collaborate with control colleagues across the firm, business, operations management, legal, compliance, risk, audit and technology control functions to further establish and maintain business relationship loops
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of financial service experience in controls, servicing and operations, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance advantageous
- Working knowledge of control and risk management concepts with the ability to design, create and evaluate the operational risk and control environment in conjunction with business partners
- Experience working and efficiently delivering in an information technology area / environment is a plus (E.g. IT Auditing, Programming Controls, Data Management and Governance or the like)
- Experience working in an Agile environment a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Passion to grow as part of a team
- Developing understanding of the EMEA banking industry and regulatory environment
- Process Analysis / Design acumen:
- Ability to understand a process and associated risks in order to design effective controls
- Problem Solving / Analytical skills:
- Solid critical thinking, attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to analyse data-driven situations to support the formulation of appropriate conclusions
- Communication / Presentation:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Clear and concise write-up of risks, issues, root causes, remediation, risk mitigantion and control enhancements
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills
- Work autonomously to effect change:
- Flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities
- Manage competing priorities to achieve the most effective result and able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- Decision Making / Judgement:
Moderate level of independent decision making using sound judgement