Senior Business Analysis - Technology for eCommerce and Marketplaces
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Small and Mid-Sized Business (SMB) and Business to Consumer (B2C) Marketplaces Technology Team in Wholesale Payments is focused on providing innovative banking solutions that will accelerate financial digitization and facilitate the growth and operational efficiency of small businesses, marketplaces and gig economies as well as serve as a catalyst for the financial recovery and growth of small and medium businesses globally. JP Morgan Chase processes trillions of dollars a day and settles some of the most critical global financial transactions.
We are passionate advocates for delivering software solutions that create real and measurable business value. We value creative innovators who are analytical thinkers with a bias for action that solves problems. We use design thinking and agile processes to ensure that what we build aligns with the market's rapidly evolving expectations. When you join us, you will be part of a global team of inspiring and curious technologists that are dedicated to modern software delivery processes like continuous delivery, operational visibility and automation. In addition to your strong technical expertise, you will be expected to speak up when you see opportunities for improvement as well as engage in active learning to keep your skills fresh.
As an experienced member of our Analyst Team, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and design practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
What we do everyday matters to the individuals, small businesses and companies that we serve.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Work in close partnership with product owners to ensure business, software and information requirements are sufficiently documented to inform the development of software solutions.
- Research and create documentation of feature requirements as user stories with an eye toward the larger product needs while focusing on the details of the individual requirements
- Collaborate with product owners to design measurable acceptance criteria and drive clear definitions of done.
- Form excellent working relationships with all involved teams at various levels of seniority
- Provide regular progress updates and ensure escalation of any serious issues.
- Provide ideas on improving existing business processes to achieve system and process enhancements and efficiencies.
- 5+ years working on business and technical analysis
- 1-3 years of practical experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent Business Analysis skills to map current and proposed process and data flows into stories, use cases, and specifications by example focusing on the minimum viable product
- Active and motivated self-learner with the ability to develop deep domain knowledge of the Payments business and the intersection with B2B and B2C marketplaces
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication across all levels
- Problem resolution - good investigation, innovation, and analytical skills
- Good Influencing and motivational skills
- Experience working with feature and components teams and structuring their sprint work-slate
- Ability to manage own day-to-day workload, and ensure delivery to required deadlines
- Risk, issue, and dependency management skills, inclusive of proactive mitigation strategies
- Experience with ‘Design Thinking’ in an Agile setting
- Exposure to Banking Settlement and Payments and/or modern payment platforms
- Creativity and openness to innovating established paradigms to better align with market needs
- Ability to assimilate information and assess impact on process
- Ability to visualize requirements where needed in the form of wireframes, business process diagrams etc.
- Ability to analyse large data sets for patterns (e.g. JSON objects, excel, SQL)
- Knowledge of Atlassian JIRA and Confluence products
This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.