EMEA Equity Research – Capital Goods – Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About Equity Research
EMEA Equity Research is part of J.P. Morgan’s number 1 ranked Global Research franchise. Each team is grouped by sector expertise and aims to provide actionable ideas and thematic insights that empower our institutional clients make well-informed and strategic investment decisions. We bring clarity to complex situations through extensive sector knowledge and a deep understanding of global markets.
Equity Research partners with Sales, Sales Trading and Trading teams globally to deliver timely thought leadership, and builds strong relationships with external clients and corporate management teams. Our insights and relationships are leveraged by multiple internal stakeholders, including Investing Banking, Prime Services, and Derivatives.
We are looking for an experienced Research Analyst to join ourCapital Goods Research team in London. With significant professional experience (ideally 5+ years), you should have a passion for analysing both companies and thematic trends, and have an established expertise in the Capital Goods sector.
You will be working within our top-ranked team under the mentorship and guidance of the senior analysts developing thought-leading company, sector and thematic reports, and delivering the team’s stock and sector insights to our institutional clients.
What we value:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for a team-focused environment where each individual’s insight and expertise is valued
- An analytical approach to building and maintaining financial models
- Advanced proficiency in excel
- Strong numeracy
- Great attention to detail
- Proven track record of relationship building skills — you should be able to easily connect with a wide range of individuals, have the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and confidently both to colleagues and external clients, and possess a talent for distilling complex issues into specific conclusions.
We welcome applications from any degree discipline. Although not essential, we encourage those with a background in Capital Goodsto apply.
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.