Capital Connect - Senior Java Software Engineering - Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Digital Private Markets business is a fast-growing global team within J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank. We are creating a high-profile and exciting new fintech business for the firm, focused on early-stage private markets. This cross-functional business leverages the scale, network and data of JPM to create holistic solutions for private companies and their investors. Their first product, Capital Connect, is a members-only platform for start-ups and every type of investor. This platform will allow members to network with other members, benchmark companies using proprietary data, consume exclusive content and raise/invest capital on a seamless platform. This cross-functional team operates like a true start-up within the larger company. As an integral part of our team, you will need to demonstrate the curiosity, passion and tenacity required to build a start-up and to solve complex problems in the largest investment bank in the world. If you are excited to make a difference and want to transform private capital markets, this is the place for you.
From finance specialists to designers, engineers to product managers, we work together throughout the end-to-end product development process, from strategy through to feature analysis and execution, to create solutions our customers need.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate about solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
- The successful candidate will be involved in the full development life cycle of analysis, design, implementation, testing and deployment of our platform
- Design technology solutions on different scales
- Develop and unit test software application modules using disciplined software development processes (Agile).
- Be involved in requirements gathering and business analysis tasks.
- Co-ordinate systems integration test with other teams
- Mentor/coach junior engineers
- Java 17
- Kafka (Spring Cloud Stream, Event Hub)
- Reactive Programming (RxJava, Project Reactor)
- Relational DB Data Modelling
- Microservice Architecture
- System Design experience
- Full Stack Engineers
- Polyglot / Hexagonal architectures
- AWS / Kubernetes experience
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.