Java Software Engineer II
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You’re ready to gain the skills and experience needed to grow within your role and advance your career — and we have the perfect software engineering opportunity for you.
As a Java Software Engineer II within JPMorgan Cap Table, you are part of an agile team that works to enhance, design, and deliver the software components of the firm’s state-of-the-art technology products in a secure and scalable way. You will execute software solutions through the design, development, and technical troubleshooting of multiple components within a technical product, application, or system, while gaining the skills and experience needed to grow within your role. We are open to exploring opportunities with applicants of all levels and capabilities.
The Global Shares acquisition was announced on March 15, 2022, the project is centred around an exciting, large-scale corporate integration. Global Shares is a leading cloud-based provider of share plan management software, which has an expansive client base of over 600 corporate clients and nearly $200 billion in assets under administration across 650,000 corporate employee participants.
- Applies practical experience of Agile software methodologies
- Writes secure and high-quality code using the Java syntax with limited guidance
- Executes standard software solutions, design, development, testing, and deployment
- Designs, develops, codes, and troubleshoots with consideration of upstream and downstream systems and technical implications
- Applies technical skills to break down solutions and solve technical problems
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Demonstratable ability to code in Java and database querying languages
- Exposure to tools related to CI/CD, Application Resiliency, and Security
- Exposure to microservice architecture
- Emerging knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline, specifically building out cloud native solutions (AWS).
- Hands-on experience in system design, application development, and testing
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and relevant applied experience
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Emerging knowledge of software architecture design such as TDD/DDD
- Familiarity with modern technologies, such as React, GraphQL, and Kafka