Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
You are a hands-on-technologist with experience in architecture and engineering modern infrastructure platforms and services, including development of API best practices, enabling cloud solutions and infrastructure as code in Private and Public Cloud.
You enjoy taking the simple approach to solve complex systems and understand the end to end view of product, application and service offering.
Beyond having an idea and a design on paper, you like to be responsible for delivering the idea from inception to an actual customer capability and can confidently take on the challenge to scale your idea to serve 50,000 enterprise developers.
If this sounds like you please read on to find out what is involved in the role:
- Take ownership to identify, collaborate and solve problems including documentation of problem statement and clear requirements
- Ideate on problem solving using a customer-centric approach
- Explore innovative, practical solutions and designing fit for purpose solutions
- Iterative delivery of Strategic Architecture Design and work with stakeholders to get buy-in and engagement on the architecture strategy and adoption
- Individually contribute while influencing stakeholders and form virtual teams where necessary to drive solutions
- Partner with the wider architectural community to drive best practices and alignment
- Lead and guide the design, development of reusable components
- Drive strategic long-term improvement plans that take into account the underlying and less apparent relationships between multiple complex business, technology and systems platforms
What skills do you need to bring?
- Hands-on experience designing simplified enterprise infrastructure architecture for Private and Public Cloud
- Experience working in a matrix management model, leading global virtual teams
- Experience in understanding Foundational Risk and Regulatory Controls for financial institutions
- Experience in process re-engineering efforts, complex project delivery, organizational change best practices
- Experience in one or more modern programming languages
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to manage multiple inter dependent programs with virtual teams.
In this role you will be working autonomously with a global team of Applied Architects (New Jersey, Glasgow, London) who drive architecture and engineering efforts in Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI).
The team will identify friction points, inefficient processes, better ways of enabling infrastructure and services in their products. They act as proxy customers taking a critical view of the product.