CIB Market Risk - Business Analyst - Senior Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
CIB Market Risk is looking for an Associate in London to be a part of the Market Risk Basel Group team to provide overall market risk policy guidance, project management and business analysis on key programs within the group, such as the Office of Legal Obligations, Documentation Management, Legal Entity Fundamental Review of the Trading Book and other critical regulatory and discretionary initiatives.
As a vital member of the Market Risk Organization, responsibilities & opportunities will include:
- You will work with project leads, subject matter experts and engage with stakeholders to elicit / analyze business needs translating them to user, functional and non-functional requirements for development teams.
- You will help interpret regulatory and strategic business requirements in conjunction with market risk stakeholders to manage scoping of business requirements and delivery.
- You will partner with Compliance, Technology, Other Risk Functions and Finance teams to help design and challenge solutioning of requirements and help define the criteria to ensure successful delivery of business needs.
- You will perform detailed analysis and deep-dive investigations (both quantitative and qualitative) into key areas of a program, helping ensure we achieve accurate, efficient and optimal solutions.
- You will document improvements to frameworks, processes and tools as well as presenting/assessing solutions for implementation of different business needs.
- You will work with Market Risk Program Managers to manage project plans, track achievements, issues and risks and report status of plan execution to senior management.
- You will lead/participate in working groups with multiple functional teams (e.g. Compliance, Technology, Other Risk Functions, Finance and Policy) to develop and oversee strategic implementation plans.
- You will develop a strong foundation of various market risk concepts across all asset classes to manage delivery of business mandatory market risk related changes.
- You will build a good understanding of key Market risk business processes to support presentation of complex topics to senior management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong analytical skills to derive results in order to support key business decisions. Solution-orientated and proactive with excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills. Ability to build strong relationships and to work across multiple streams under pressure to deliver business demands on-time and to a high standard.
- Proven experience reviewing/understanding requirements from end users, translating these for various stakeholders including documenting these as policy/procedure guidance, as required.
- Experience in working in working groups/projects spanning stakeholders across multiple areas (Finance / Compliance / Technology / Risk).
- Product Management or Program Management experience preferred.
- Experience and understanding of working on systems, products and documentation across asset classes.
- Experience in Financial Markets/Market Risk with good knowledge of key risk metrics and risk process flows.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, ability to build and maintain relationships with functional partners and stakeholders.