Associate Java Software Engineer - Regulatory Reporting
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
The Wholesale Payments Regulatory Reporting organization supports over 2,000 regulatory reports and solutions globally as mandated by 50+ regulatory agencies in support of the changing payments processing and product offering landscape. Data accuracy and completeness coupled with platform flexibility aligned with rapidly changing market/regulatory conditions is essential to maintain the firm’s reputation, support business expansion and avoid fines/sanctions across the global regulatory space. Growing regulatory scrutiny and mandates are aligned with cyber controls that address the evolving payment processing landscape, dictating a wider set of data attributes, a deeper set of party data and growing real-time/on-demand views of JPMC’s transactional data. From a submission standpoint, no-touch report generation is now both an expectation from regulatory agencies as well as a must in order to support growing volumes and operational accuracy.
In order to support the global agenda, Wholesale Payments Regulatory Reporting technology is in midst of a multi-year transformation journey to leverage strategic global data repositories, build report formats utilizing the firm’s target Regulatory Reporting Engine platform and increase automation through use of latest technology stack (including Cloud adoption) to support growing needs and demands from regulators including customized API frameworks.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and demonstrated capabilities, including:
- Individual development contribution across some or all of the various components of the system, including back-end services and database
- Face off to and manage business and technology stakeholders across the organization, including product owners, other technology teams and technology/business management.
- Follow and promote Agile practices like Scrum and TDD/BDD
- Ensure consistency with and synergy across the global platform by collaborating regularly with peers across the global team.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor's degree or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 7 or more years of software development experience using Java tech stack, including but not limited to: Core Java, Spring or Spring Boot, Junit
- Experience with one or more database technologies, e.g. Oracle
- Experience in building REST APIs and MicroService
- Knowledge of test-driven development and testing frameworks
- Knowledge of one or more cloud technologies like Cloud foundry, AWS
- Knowledge of one or more messaging technologies, e.g. Kafka, IBM MQ
- Knowledge of data formats like JSON, XML
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Ability to innovate, High level of motivation to get things delivered
- Experience in version control tools like SVN, GIT
Good to have
- Knowledge on scheduling tools like Autosys, Control-M
- Experience in Payments or Regulatory Reporting Domain
- Experience in one or more areas - ETL/BI tools or Big data
- Knowledge on container technologies like Kubernetes, Docker
- Knowledge on monitoring tools like Splunk