CIB - Cross Product Change Services - Business Management Associate II Bournemouth
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets, and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $23.5 trillion of assets under custody and ranked #1 for Global Investment Banking fees, the CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Cross Product Change Services (CPCS) is a change delivery organization within CIB’s Digital & Platform Services (D&PS) that provides integrated change, testing and implementation support to CIB stakeholders. CPCS capabilities include end-to-end test management and automation, business analysis, data analytics and program management, which are tailored to enable strategic initiatives in the Payments, Markets and Securities Services businesses, as well as cross-business functions such as Client Onboarding and Documentation.
J.P. Morgan is seeking a Senior Associate (602) to join CPCS as a Business Manager. They will be responsible for steering and reporting OKRs, budget & headcount, and tracking the change services book of work. They will also support planning conferences, business cases, and monthly reviews to enable data-driven senior management business decisions. The role will include the central coordination of the CPCS portfolio and internal communications plan for a very wide-ranging organization. The role will require working with stakeholders across the CIB, looking to leverage best practice within the industry and other J.P. Morgan business units.
- Able to handle ambiguity, respond to short timelines, and remain flexible within a changing business environment.
- Comfortable engaging senior management, using initiative to drive solutions, and working independently with minimal supervision.
- Strategic mindset with experience of Objectives and Key Results (OKR), preparing monthly business reviews (MBR), tracking return on investment through metrics, and developing business cases for senior management decisions.
- Previous experience with operating budgets, investment proposals (IP) or spend mandates (SM) is highly desirable.
- Coordinate headcount planning and forecasting with Finance, HR, Recruitment and Procurement.
- Produce OKRs, business cases and monitor metrics to support data-based management decisions, enabling the optimization of CPCS business strategy, objectives, and the book of work.
- Analyze, model, visualize, report and leverage business data, while understanding data structures, golden sources, and data interdependencies.
- Manage stakeholder relationships with corporate groups, such as Finance & Business Management (F&BM), Recruitment, as well as PO Strategy and Innovation, and internal/external working groups.
- Identify opportunities for standardization, best practice, continuous improvement, and cross-training within CPCS change delivery teams.
Functional and Technical Expertise
- Numeracy and technical skills – in-depth knowledge of PitchPRO+ (PowerPoint) and Excel, as well as working knowledge of Alteryx and Tableau.
- Business/portfolio management experience – delivering in a highly complex and high-volume environment, preferably within the Financial Services industry supporting multiple lines of business.
- Strong organizational skills and initiative – ability to take strategic direction and independently develop and manage portfolio plans, taking full accountability and ownership to drive business goals forward.
- Ability to work on multiple business demands, prioritize and deliver in a timely manner with high standards.
- Experience in Agile project delivery methodology is desirable, with a mindset to learn and implement evolving methodologies.
Problem Solving and Analysis
- Highly skilled at problem solving – ability to scope and provide structure to complex issues through effective root cause analysis, providing insightful and timely remediation.
- Adaptable and analytical – ability to learn unfamiliar processes rapidly, identify areas of opportunity for process improvement and build out recommendations.
- Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the ‘big picture’.
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to provide clear and succinct verbal updates on their work to team members, colleagues, senior leads, and executives.
- Ability to liaise effectively between lines of business with empathy and understanding to achieve the common and strategic goals.
- Confident to raise concerns with leadership team and support resolution.
Working Style and Influence
- Ability to build and nurture effective and lasting relationships with colleagues, team members and stakeholders across multiple business lines and global locations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and with effective influencing skills to achieve positive outcomes.
- Ability to understand own role and those of other team members and recognize at times the need for flexibility within roles to achieve the project and organizational objectives.
- Able to work comfortably and confidently under pressure to achieve target deadlines.
- relevant work experience, preferably in financial services in operational, technical, program or client experience disciplines.
- Graduate degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Securities, Markets and Payments businesses, client base, operations and systems is preferred.