Enterprise Technology – Head of European Technology Audit - Audit Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Technology Audit Team provides global audit coverage for multiple technology organizations within JPMorgan Chase, spanning diverse platforms, channels and services. This technology serves the respective business lines (CIB, CCB, AWM and CB), as well as, Cybersecurity & Technology Controls (CTC), Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI), Chief Technology Office (CTO) and Corporate Technology (CT). The Technology Audit Team also drives thematic, horizontal reviews focused on emerging technology such as cloud, robotics and machine learning; making use of advanced data analytics. Overall, they ensure the security and resiliency of the Firm's computing environment, protect customer and employee confidential information, and comply with regulatory requirements globally.
We are looking for an Audit Director (Executive Director) in the EMEA Technology Audit team to develop and execute the annual audit plan, manage audit engagements, oversee, and perform audit testing, and participate in applicable control and governance forums. The role also focuses on EMEA Technology in Europe with particular focus on Luxembourg, Germany, France, and Ireland.
This individual will report to the JPMSE Head of Internal Audit and EMEA Technology Head. The position may be based in various EMEA locations like Luxembourg, London however we are open to considering candidates based in Germany, France, and Ireland. Further, the individual will be expected to develop relationships with key stakeholders across Technology in these locations and within the network of JPM Audit regionally and globally.
- Participate in and project manage large and complex global technology audits, from planning to reporting, and produce quality deliverables to both department and professional standards.
- Finalize audit findings and use judgment to provide an overall opinion on the control environment
- Communicate audit findings to management and identify opportunities for improvement in the design and effectiveness of key controls.
- Build and maintain key relationships with senior stakeholders (up to OC-2), establishing a culture of engagement whilst adding value.
- Support the Head of Internal Audit for key legal entities in EMEA and EMEA Technology Audit Directors as required with the local risk assessment and annual planning process for main EMEA Legal Entity, responses to external requests from regulators and/ or external auditors.
- Provide input and support to the strategic vision and footprint of the Audit department, including consideration of changing regulatory, audit practice and industry standards and expectations.
- Implement and execute an effective program of continuous monitoring for assigned areas, including monitoring of key metrics to identify control issues and adverse trends.
- Effectively manage and lead the Audit team, performing timely review of work performed and providing honest and constructive feedback to proactively manage performance and enhance skills across the team.
- Stay up-to-date with evolving industry and regulatory changes impacting the business.
- Assist in all aspects of JPMSE and EMEA audit plans including risk assessments, audit planning and resource scheduling.
- Travel to overseas business locations as required, approximately 10-15 per cent should be anticipated.
- Partner with colleagues, stakeholders and control community members to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls with appropriate recommendations for improvement. This may be delivered through specific audit reviews or through ongoing involvement in major change activities or projects.
- Business and Industry Knowledge – Demonstrable knowledge and experience of auditing Technology. Extensive experience with internal audit methodology and applying concepts in audit delivery and execution. Preferably one of the following professional qualifications: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), or Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solution Architect and strong interest in continuous learning in particular with respect to emerging technologies (e.g., Blockchain, Cloud).
- Methodology & Analytical Skills – Solid understanding of internal control concepts with the ability to evaluate and determine the adequacy of controls by considering business and technology risks in an integrated manner.
- Communication - Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to management in a persuasive manner and influence change.
- Partnership - The ability to work effectively within a team, both locally and globally, share information, support colleagues and encourage participation.
- Leadership - Prior experience of creating and developing a highly functioning, diverse team. Proven ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders, desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically. Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability.
- Project management - Extensive experience on effectively leading and managing large complex technology audits. Proven ability to multitask and deliver effectively under pressure, as well as the ability to assess and change priorities.