Data Risk Management Specialist - Vice President - Chase UK
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. has expanded its consumer business and we have launched a new digital retail bank in the UK. We are offering consumers a completely new banking experience. Under the Chase brand, the bank provides products and features tailored to meet the needs of customers in the UK, made available via an innovative mobile app.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused engineers, used to working in a true agile environment who want to be a part of something new, built from the ground up as a green-field with zero legacy initiative within a global, diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a direct impact to our customers as our business expands around the world.
Data Owner – Data & Analytics Platform
Key responsibilities will include:
- Own and manage the data governance processes for the data & analytics platform.
- Ensure sourcing, creation, processing and sharing of data in the data & analytics platform is in accordance with data use approval and elevated conditions of use are being adhered to, where applicable.
- Ensure quality of data (provided, transformed or consumed) in the data & analytics platform is accessed, issues identified and resolved as per firmwide data quality issue management procedure.
- Ensure business & technical metadata of the data & analytics platform is recorded along with flow of data (where does the data come from / go to) in a manner that is easy to understand by data consumers.
- Review data risk metrics for the data & analytics platform and ensure resolution of threshold breaches, if any.
- Ensure data within the data & analytics platform has assigned retention periods and is destroyed at the end of it.
- Ensure data in the data & analytics platform has confidentiality classification levels and data protection classifiers assigned enabling access management.
Your capabilities / Person requirements:
- Flexible to work as an individual contributor as well as a team leader.
- Self-starter with problem solving skills, comfortable in making logical decisions when faced with ambiguous requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to communicate effectively with business as well as technical stakeholders.
- Exceptional presentation and influencing skills to facilitate presentations and discussions with business and functional leaders.
- Experienced in leading end to end data management of data warehouse/ data lake.
- Implementation knowledge of data retention and destruction solutions, building business glossaries and data dictionaries, documenting lineage and access management solutions.
- Must be able to translate privacy, compliance and legal requirements into data governance processes, procedures and controls.
- Should have knowledge of data lake and data warehouse architectures and data management best practices.
- Should be able to perform data analysis using SQL.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co., we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.