Associate Software Engineering-Java
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
As an experienced Software Engineer, you will work in a dynamic, agile team to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. Depending on the team that you join, you could be developing mobile features that give our customers and clients more control over how they bank with us, strategizing on how big data can make our trading systems quicker, creating the next innovation in payments for merchants, or supporting the integration of our private and public cloud platforms.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Design, write, comment and unit test code to confirm software modules are of the highest quality
- Build Microservices that will run on the bank’s internal cloud and the public cloud platform
- Collaborate with teams in multiple regions and time zones
- Participate in scrum team stand-ups, code reviews and other ceremonies, contribute to task completion and blocker resolution within your team
- Handle critical and time sensitive concurrent tasks with supervision and properly escalate situations as appropriate
- Write test cases, leverage unit and integration testing, develop functionality and automation
- Maintain technical acumen by pursuing formal and informal learning opportunities about technology, JPMorgan Chase products, and financial services
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities, to improve delivery flow across product and technology
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing and operational stability
- Experience in developing, debugging and maintaining code in an enterprise environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency and Security
Your Role Level
JPMorgan Chase is looking to hire Associate Software Engineers at the 601 and 602 levels. A determination will be made on placement for successful candidates based on the results of a skills-based assessment which applicants will be asked to complete during the hiring process. The assessment will evaluate ability to perform basic coding and systems design responsibilities. For the 601 level, the role requires the ability to understand advance features of a coding language, design a viable system, and solve functional problems through basic language applications. For the 602 level, the role requires a higher level of proficiency and ability to function independently, including the ability to use and explain advance features of a coding language, design systems across technologies and platforms, solve functional and non-functional problems through an application of language best practices, as well as, the ability to assess issues broadly, identify alternative or innovative solutions, collaborate effectively, and provide guidance to others.
Visa sponsorship may be available for these positions.