Corporate Controllers – Valuation Control Group Commodities – Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About the team
The Valuation Control Group (VCG) is an independent group within Finance whose primary responsibility is to ensure that the firm’s risk portfolios are fairly valued. The group sets independent pricing and valuation adjustments policies, executes & generates results, and then works with Trading to remediate and prevent issues on an ongoing basis. VCG also works to identify and control potential valuation risk concentrations, uncertainty in pricing inputs, and valuation model uncertainty.
The group is organized along business lines such as the Investment Bank and Consumer & Community Bank and works closely with Traders, CFOs, Market Risk, Product Control, Model Governance and Quantitative Research to ensure a complete understanding of business issues and the accurate execution of valuation policy. The group plays a critical role within the Firm and has exposure to senior management, Business heads, Regulators, and both internal and external audit.
VCG covers a broad range of products across the entire liquidity spectrum. The group has presence in New York, London, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, Bengaluru and Mumbai and comprises detail-oriented colleagues from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines, with a high quantitative aptitude and strong ability to apply sound judgement. With core valuation processes largely delivered through dedicated technology and quantitative research resources, the team focusses on insightful analysis leveraging multiple market data sources through advanced analytics platforms. JPMorgan is an equal opportunity employer and places high value on diversity and inclusion. We recognize that our people are our strength and diversity of thought and practices makes us more successful.
VCG Commodities team is looking for an Associate to be based in London, UK. As the part of this team you will have the opportunity to work with a wide array of commodities products.
- Responsible for all aspects of the valuation control framework for the Commodities desk, including independent price verification, valuation and prudent valuation adjustments, valuation adjustment stress and fair value measurement.
- Implement new tools to enhance control efficiency and contribute to methodology enhancements
- Partner with Quantitative Research and Model Review Groups to assess limitations in trading models and implement compensating controls and model limitation adjustments.
- Collaborate with Front Office and key Finance, Technology and Risk partners providing value add analysis on month-end results, illiquid and concentrated valuation positions, revenue from new/complex and new products
- Partner or participate in projects within the group and the wider Finance organization together with Front Office, QR and Technology and participate in regulatory exams and address bank’s regulators inquiries
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Good understanding and keen interest in financial markets, combined with strong analytical abilities and willingness to contribute as part of a high performing team
- Quantitative aptitude and keen interest in financial markets and products
- Critical thinker with sound judgement and ability to challenge constructively
- Curious personality; inclusive; detail oriented; Always looking to improve
- Strong communication skills and ability to synthesize complex subjects; Good at multi-tasking and prioritization
- Basic Microsoft Office & strong Excel skills
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Understanding training in financial products or derivatives pricing
- Knowledge of data science (e.g. Machine learning), analytics platform (e.g. Alteryx) and data visualization tool (e.g. Tableau)