Outside Counsel Value Engagement - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Outside Counsel Value Engagement (OCVM) team is part of the Office of General Counsel responsible for the delivery of strategic and value-management engagement solutions relating to the department’s hiring of the outside law firms. OCVM supports the department’s global legal matters and initiatives by, among other things, providing law firm engagement assistance, law firm and other resource selection, matter pricing and staffing, alternative fee arrangements (“AFAs”), requests for proposal (RFPs) and fee negotiations and supporting and driving diversity initiatives. Working closely with the members of OCVM team, the Associate is responsible for the timely and effective organization, coordination, execution and tracking of the team’s data and operational tasks, processes and projects.
- Coordinate and collaborate closely with OCVM team members to develop and implement strategic initiatives to drive efficiencies
- Assist with the management of and engagement efforts with our outside counsel law firms
- Provide general financial analysis on spend and use of outside law firms in JPMC Legal Dept.
- Assist with creation and design of data visualizations to be used in internal meetings
- Input, maintain, and analyze, law firm, pricing and rates data
- Provide intake ownership (single point of contact) of internal and external email inquiries, address or direct inquiries to the appropriate subject matter expert
- Assist Pricing Lead on alternative fee arrangements and law firm requests for proposal (RFP) process
- Update and maintain team Intranet site
- Run routine reports to support team metrics
- Manage distribution of mass communications to outside counsel
- Create, develop and maintain high-quality presentations, as needed
- Participate in end-user quality assurance testing for new technology enhancements and products