Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
You will be joining a new team in Glasgow that has the potential to become a hub for excellence - this alone makes it an exciting time to join!
This team will be involved in in developing and re-architecting legacy systems using cutting-edge technologies and driving the business into the Big Data era.
Interested? read on for more information and to see what is involved in the role.
What will be the day to day?
- Developing clean, reusable, scalable and testable code
- Actively participating in design sessions and owning modules throughout their lifecycle
- Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks using a Test Driven Development approach
- Digesting and understanding Business Requirements and designing new modules/functionality to meet those needs
- Delivery of software on time and on budget, based on original scope & requirements
- Work as a team to deliver value in a sustainable fashion
- Pro-actively look to improve and innovate existing flows and processes
- Participate in regular standups and code reviews
- Provide proper technical documentation on code
What skills do you need?
- Strong database and PL/SQL programming experience. (preferably Oracle stored procedures and SQL knowledge)
- Experience in resolving the data processing performance issues through improvements.
- Experience in projects with large data volumes.
- Experience in Agile development lifecycle methodology.
- Working knowledge of Unix.
- Knowledge of CI/CD and SDLC development tools such as Jenkins, Jira, Git/Stash etc
You will be joining The Asset and Wealth Management Risk Technology group who work closely with quantitative specialists to produce refined data for global risk reporting groups to consume. The metrics that produced are used by our portfolio management and risk management teams to track portfolio risk relative to benchmarks and external funds. Risk alerts on outsized risks and anomalies are raised by the system, after which they are reviewed and acted upon. Our system is used to monitor and report on risk both internally and to regulators. The information we produce is reviewed by the highest levels of management at the firm.