Java full stack Software Engineer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for a software engineer to contribute to the design, development, and delivery of Digital Platform’s Search product, which enables developers to integrate a comprehensive and effective search experience into their applications.
You will help shape the engineering culture to be centered on collaboration, quality, and best practice, enabling us to build the right software in a way that enables the broader J.P. Morgan engineering community to deliver the best experiences possible for our clients. Collectively you will work with your Search peers and across the Digital Platform which includes other engineers, architects, designers, data science, cyber and product teams to build the best solutions possible.
- Development of Java-based microservices and APIs
- Writing code that is well-designed, reusable, extensible, observable, and self-documenting
- Adherence to development best practices, including continuous delivery, API-first and test-driven development
- Optimizing our services to scale from the outset with telemetry
- Java, Spring Boot and REST standards
- API-first development of OpenAPI-compliant microservices
- Engineering scalable and resilient services using Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud platform experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
- Basic understanding of Search concepts, including: data crawler, extraction, and retrieval
- Functional knowledge of Elasticsearch or Apache Lucene/Solaris
- Python or Golang
This is a fascinating time in our industry. Complacency is not an option - our team embraces technology and innovation, knowing this is how we’re going to thrive in the years to come. We are looking for others with a similar mindset to join our journey.
- Work on some of the most complex problems imaginable at the intersection of two dynamic industries: Finance and Technology.
- Interact with unbelievably large and fascinating data currently not available anywhere else.
- Develop products that can change the way our clients operate, and how Banking is done today.
- Interact with other high-performing teams within JPM to inspire innovation and champion change throughout the bank.