Analytics Solutions Risk/Performance Analyst – London (Associate)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan has been a leader in financial services, doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We work in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs. We operate in 150 countries and hold global leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm every day. This is why we are the most respected financial institution in the world — and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $30+ trillion of assets under custody and $200+ billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Analytics Solutions Risk/Performance Analyst will join a leading, entrepreneurial, and collegial team within JP Morgan’s Corporate Investment Bank’s (CIB) under a new initiative to provide the next generation, cloud-native data and analytics platform for our institutional buy-side clients, creating a leadership position within the market.
This is an exciting position for a talented, client-focused and solution-driven individual who thrives on new analytical challenges, possesses intellectual curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit, and enjoys working in a fast-paced yet flexible environment.
The Risk/Performance Analyst will be responsible for calculating and providing risk management and performance measurement reporting to institutional clients. The Analyst will be able to interpret and communicate the risk and return reporting information to clients and internal partners. The Analyst will generate and understand various fixed income, equity and multi-asset risk measurement analysis, obtain data and analysis in accordance with established procedures and produce reporting for clients. He/she will interface with clients on day-to-day reporting requests. Has responsibility for producing risk, performance and analytical reporting for a broad array of client segments.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works independently as well as on a team, to produce risk analytics at multiple levels
- Respond to client inquiries regarding risk reporting
- Resolve issues relating to daily/monthly risk analytics
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal operations
- Partner with Client Service to service the client on their analytics reporting requirements
- Understand and be able to calculate ex-ante risk analytics and attribution
- Interpret and write commentary on risk analytics results and attribution
- Handle client reporting and prepare custom reports, ensuring accuracy and quality
- Assist with client on-boarding and go-live for our analytics solutions
- Participate in the development and testing of product enhancements
- Attend client service review meetings and calls
- Preferably a minimum of 3 years experience working in a risk analytics and performance functions
- BA/BS or equivalent preferably in business/finance or math
- MBA, CFA, CIPM, FRM or equivalent candidates preferred
- Must have a willingness to work on and learn new software applications
- Strong written and oral communications skills to effectively communicate with clients
- Positive attitude with a willingness to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail with demonstrated problem-solving ability