Project Manager - Regulatory Ops Projects (IPB) VP-Edinburgh
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $3.1 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Operations are uniquely positioned at the heart of all that we do. We impact the business we undertake from end to end. Our department supports all key business and platform initiatives. We oversee the processes that make our business work.
Our role is all about understanding the impact of change on our processes, and institutionalizing a change mindset that drives improvements in all areas. It’s also about maintaining the efficient processes our people rely on every day to do first-class business, whilst constantly striving to achieve the improvement that makes the firm one of the most respected financial institutions in the world.
Our team executes various Programs that design operating models, provide solutions to optimize business flows, bring efficiencies and keep our platform compliant with regulations applicable to our legal entities and branches.
Our success depends on a close collaboration with counterparts from all areas including the Business, Technology, Finance and Corporate Functions and other Lines of Business. That mindset and collaboration is an integral part of what makes the firm one of the most respected financial institutions in the world.
We are offering you an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team in a fast paced and challenging area.
Being part of the Regulatory Projects team within Operations, the successful candidate will be working in conjunction with our internal partners including Client Service, Advisors, Operations, Technology, Product, Business Management, Legal, Risk and Compliance.
Our team executes various projects where new or amended legislation impacts Operational processes and procedures across the different entities of International Wealth Management.
This is a unique opportunity to gain an in depth knowledge of all operational flows and contribute to a growing international business in a fast paced and innovative environment.
The candidate should have a proven track record in project management delivery in the financial sector, with a preference for experience in regulatory compliance / change management.
Candidate should in addition have the following skills / qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Extensive end to end project management / business analysis experience
- Capacity to manage complex information, including regulatory documents, to translate these into Business requirements.
- Establishes accountability of themself and others to meet shared objectives.
- Must be highly disciplined, a self-starter, and have the ability to execute on assignments independently and autonomously.
- Strong sense of ownership with ability to operate in a flexible, dynamic environment where creative and strategic thinking are also required in driving solution.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills, ability to work in collaboration building strong rapport with peers and stakeholders from a wide range of functions (Legal, Compliance, Technology, Operations, Business Management, Risk).
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical, organizational and prioritization skills.
- High level of integrity and honesty which is used to gain trust of others.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the firm’s Operational Control and Compliance policies and procedures to ensure that all projects adhere to these