Global Rates - Automated Trading Strategies (ATS) - Analyst
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The trading strategist will work as part of the ATS front-office team on the Rates floor in London. The individual must be responsible, independent and able to work in smooth coordination with the larger team. The group is globally distributed. The environment is fast-paced and challenging.
ATS is accountable to trading revenue. Members of the team are also expected to cover a wide range of responsibilities as ATS staff cross over between trading, quantitative analysis and technology. These include designing trading and execution strategies; researching micro-patterns and trends; building, maintaining and upgrading applications & tools; supporting day-to-day trading.
- Analysis of client and trade data to identify revenue opportunities
- Formulation, analysis and backtesting of pricing, execution, risk management strategies and signals
- Performing ad hoc data mining tasks and requests as needed
- Building tools for automation and for the benefit of our own group and others, resolving day to day issues
- Work in close collaboration with IB technology to drive the automated trading technology agenda and in many cases work jointly on implementation
- Minimum degree or equivalent in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or other quantitative field.
- Demonstrable excellent quantitative, modelling, and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills with attention to detail, adaptable and hungry to learn work ethic.
- Design and programming skills, with primary focus on Java and Python. UNIX scripting, KDB, SQL advantageous.
- Direct experience of agile software methodologies and interest in applying agile development practices in a front-office trading environment.
- Previous experience in manipulating large amounts of data including e-commerce, historical and financial data.