Human Resources Business Advisor
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The HR Business Advisor role sits within the firm wide HR Business Advisor organization – a Center of Excellence/Shared Service construct. The HR Business Advisor’s responsibility is to work with managers at varying levels of the organization to execute strategic priorities set by senior leaders. They provide support to senior HR Business Advisors and senior managers on core HR activities. They help senior managers engage with others in HR and with specialists to bring resolution to their HR-related matters.
This position will report to the HR Business Advisor Lead and be aligned to support Senior Leaders and Leaders within a specific line of business (LOB).
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the implementation of people agenda initiatives and efforts for a business area
- Provide day-to-day advice on human capital matters.
- Advise business leadership and cascade the structuring & re-organizational changes deeper into LOB areas to institutionalize the new organization into BAU
- Support year-end compensation process by ensuring that baselines are accurate and synchronized (including joiners, leavers, transfers) with finance and/or business management, providing guidance on incentive compensation and salary planning as appropriate, and supporting managers through compensation decisions.
- Support the performance and talent management cycle by partnering with leaders on an as-needed basis to handle succession planning needs and requirements, answer performance questions, issues and processes, supporting and providing guidance on the promotion process particularly during quarterly & end-of-year timing
- Facilitate feedback processes and other employee input initiatives, e.g. action plans based on Employee Opinion Surveys, Pulse Checks, etc.
- Support or participate in individualized development and coaching to managers and emerging leaders, as needed, and in partnership with the development team. This may include supporting action items that stem from leadership coaching provided by the aligned HRBA or an external coach
- Be available to provide front-line support to managers for HR risk / controls initiatives
- Provide project management support for HR-related initiatives being implemented within LOBs
- Support cross-LOB and large scale initiatives
- Work with management information systems (MIS) and reporting to understand trends and outliers, and facilitate fact based, metrics driven client decisions.
- Be a champion of HR process change. Analyze processes, data and trends to make recommendations to management team for continuous improvement
- Partner with HR colleagues of all levels to drive efficiencies and leverage best practices
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place and managed effectively for all critical HR processes
- Lead and/or actively participate in HR projects, aligned to key identified HR priorities
Skills and Experiences
- Relevant Human Resource experience (previous HR Business Advisor experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree desired
- Knowledge of full range of people practices in a business setting: goal setting, performance assessment and improvement, compensation practices, talent review and talent management, workforce planning, reductions in force, manager development
- Project management abilities including execution skills and end to end process improvement
- Technically proficient in MS Office Suite – including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to utilize critical thinking and analytical skills regularly to identify issues and trends, develop solutions and/or recommendations to address root cause
- Strong analytical, quantitative and technical skills that enable individual to leverage data to create HR strategies that support and drive business results
- Ability to navigate a global matrix organization and partner on issues across HR and the business
- Must be able to work collaboratively and to develop strong, positive working relationships
- Proven track record in objectively coaching employees and management through complex, difficult issues and mitigating risks
- Exceptional judgment, demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and be creative in developing alternative solutions in a fast paced environment
- Promote partnership by fostering a shared purpose, trust and teamwork across teams, businesses, functions, regions, and levels