Asset Management- Junior EMEA Client Onboarding Management (London)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The primary objective of this role is for the successful candidate to manage and coordinate:
- New account on-boarding’s for JPMorgan Funds and Institutional Client mandates inclusive of Segregated portfolios, Advisory and Sub-Advisory mandates.
- Lifecycle events such as Mergers, Liquidations and Closures, In-Species and Custody Changes.
- Account related projects including:
- Investment and Operational Solutions for new business opportunities
- Design and implementation of new operating models
- Implementation of new markets
- Support of regulatory driven programs
- Completion and maintenance of event documentation, including on-boarding checklists, account opening information, product specifications, project plans and any other related documents.
- Schedule, lead and drive regular stakeholder meetings ensuring concurrent projects are managed and delivered within agreed timeframes.
- Coordinate Client meetings where required, providing a seamless Client experience.
- Escalation of issues in a timely manner and undertake necessary steps to ensure resolution and root cause analysis.
Additionally, the candidate will be expected to engage with key stakeholders across the Asset Management business to deliver tactical and strategic projects to identify and address areas of opportunity/improvement, reduce risk, enhance controls and develop reporting to improve our service to both internal and external Clients.
- Engage key stakeholders, manage project work streams and all associated activities to support implementation of initiatives from initiation phase through to post implementation review.
- Chair regular Front Office, Operational and relevant work stream meetings documenting actions and tracking progress to completion.
- Understand and translate business requirements into project plans, onboarding checklists, process flows and runbooks.
- Provide effective communication and regular status reporting to key stakeholders.
- Proactively identify risk and control issues to prevent and mitigate risks.
- Collaborate to resolve challenges and escalate to stakeholders / the Management team as appropriate.
- Ensure the development of end-to-end operating models that are strategic and scalable where possible.
- Develop, review and maintain functional procedures and project management tools.
- Review the effectiveness of implementation and endeavor to identify ways to improve the way we work.
- Support the global team to develop best practice standards and consistency.
Qualifications / Personal profile
- Asset Management or relevant Investment Banking, Wealth Management experience desired but not mandatory.
- A solid level of financial product knowledge including Equity, Fixed Income, Currency, Derivatives and Funds Investment.
- Trade flow knowledge from event inception, trade execution through to operational settlement.
- An understanding of Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency and Custody.
- Project Management experience with the ability to manage initiatives concurrently end to end.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to build relationships with senior business stakeholders and Clients.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint and ability to use web-based technology effectively.
- Disciplined, self-motivated, and delivery-focused individual who is able to work independently where required.
- Ability to identify process improvements and implement appropriate changes.
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable working with a wide audience varying in degrees of seniority and ability to develop effective relationships with key business partners.
- A team player who is flexible and can maintain both a positive attitude and high level of performance in demanding/time-sensitive situation