Capacity Management Engineer
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. has expanded its consumer business and we have launched a new digital retail bank in the UK. We are offering consumers a completely new banking experience. Under the Chase brand, the bank provides products and features tailored to meet the needs of customers in the UK, made available via an innovative mobile app.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused engineers, used to working in a true agile environment who want to be a part of something new, built from the ground up as a green-field with zero legacy initiative within a global, diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a direct impact to our customers as our business expands around the world.
Capacity Management Engineer
This is a role of Capacity Management Engineer involves working with teams to ensure that the services and platform has sufficient capacity to meet current and future demands while remaining performant and resilient.
As a Capacity Management Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Owning the overall capacity management process for the line of business.
- Working with the tribes to define capacity management in line with firmewide audit controls.
- Creating and maintaining the capacity management documentation for the business.
- Working across tribes to build volumetric model to future forecast capacity requirements for IT services and infrastructure.
- Collaborating with tribes to identify service and infrastructure bottlenecks and recommend capacity improvements.
- Working with relaiability team & tribes to build capacity management framework for key business processes.
- Conducting regular capacity management reviews with stakeholders (both internal and key vendors) to assess the effectiveness of the process.
- Working with reliability team to bring in automation and process improvements to the overall governance process.
- Preparing and deliver regular capacity management reports to relevant stakeholders and senior management.
- Participating in capacity management audits and assessments to ensure compliance with firmewide controls.
- Advocating for capacity planning best practices across the business and providing education and training to help tribes understand the importance of capacity management.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in defining capacity management strategies for complex systems
- Recent hands-on professional experience working as a capacity management engineer
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts to senior stakeholders.
- Experience in observability platforms like (Grafana, Prometheus, Elastic Search, Jaeger).
- Experience in Data analysis, visualization, integration, modeling and building dashboards.
- Experience in forecasting tools.
- Understanding of distributed systems and experience working with cloud technologies (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure) desirable.
- Programming skills in Python, R, Java is desirable.
- Understanding of relational and no-SQL databases desirable.
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) desirable
- Experience with non-functional testing e.g., accessibility, client-side performance testing etc.
- Familiarity with the Atlassian toolset.
- Knowledge and experience working in an Agile environment.
#ICBCareer #ChaseUK #ICBEngineering