Lead Digital Product Designer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Digital Experience Design (DXD) team is actively seeking an innovative and highly driven Product Designer who can help shape the products and services critical to JP Morgan’s Securities Services Operations.
As a Product Designer, you’ll work closely with the business and users, following best practice User-Centered Design to deliver innovative and creative solutions to complex problems.
Working as a valued member of a collaborative multidisciplinary team, you’ll work in partnership with our UX designers, visual designers, service designers, product managers, business stakeholders and development teams to shape the direction of our products.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for deliveries across a number of concurrent active projects, and the efficient and scalable execution of your design mandate, providing status and transparency to partners
- Hone your communication skills by presenting your work to a diverse selection of business stakeholders and the broader technology organization
- Design through wireframes, visuals, and prototypes at different levels of fidelity. You will be required to ideate and concept prior to the full definition of a delivery milestone, leading workshops and collaborative design sessions
- Deliver work that’s not only user-friendly, aesthetically engaging, but which also produces results – measuring your work’s value by identifying success criteria and performing user validation throughout the design process
- Collaborate with and influence product owners, business sponsors, strategists, developers, and the rest of the design team. You’ll play a key role to entrench a culture of design helping realize the vision and defining the end to end product experience.
- Work closely with our design system to contribute and produce patterns, as well as the development and refinement of our visual design language
- Create next-generation user interfaces applying expertise within the fields of Information Design, Interaction Design, and Data Visualisation to develop compelling designs for our products and services.
To be a successful candidate for this role, you should:
- Value teamwork, transparency, and cross-disciplined collaboration throughout the design lifecycle
- Have experience designing applications within complex business domains and be comfortable with learning financial concepts and using this knowledge to inform your work
- Be a detail-focused, self-starter, happy to bust through ambiguity and drive clear outcomes while operating with complex and evolving business requirements
- Understand what makes an experience good or bad. You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, explain your rational to multiple roles, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them
- Understand and practice the different phases of the user research and design process –validating hypotheses with users, effectively communicating concepts, creating low/high fidelity prototypes
- Be comfortable giving and receiving feedback and critique, constantly pushing your limits and searching for opportunities to become better in both craft and soft skills that help you become a better designer
- Understand and apply an empathetic approach to design, incorporating accessibility and inclusive design best practice
About Digital Experience Design (DXD)
With nearly 300 specialists worldwide, our team brings together UX and visual designers, service designers, researchers content managers, and creative technologists. We partner with business, product, and technology stakeholders across J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank to design products and services that drive engagement, increase client satisfaction and delight end users.
Learn more about DXD at http://design.jpmorgan.com/
Diversity by design
Our team, our work and the outcomes they produce are driven by diversity. Here, you’ll find people from all over the world, valued for the added dimensions their experience, origins, and perspectives bring to the products we deliver. Join us and see for yourself that our commitment to diversity is intentional, essential, and ongoing. It provides the insight and ideas we need to be a better team. And a smarter one, too.