Wholesale Lending Services LoanIQ and Documentation Specialist
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Commercial Bank - Wholesale Lending Services – Deal Closer - Associate
The role primarily supports Debt Capital Markets (DCM – consisting of Leveraged Finance (LF) and Investment Grade (IG) Transactions), and Credit Risk for all syndicated deal originations and transactions. You will also provide support for deal-related activity within Corporate & Investment Banking, Corporate and Commercial Banking and Trade Finance.
We operate in a control-focused environment ensuring that new loan agreements and amendments are operationally viable, recorded accurately, and any exceptions are managed accordingly.
Primary Job responsibilities:
- Understand all aspects of deal/loan administration functions and tasks.
- Interpret credit agreements and related documentation.
- Construct bilateral and syndicated deal structures in loan platform (LIQ) including amending existing deal structures.
- Ensure that Credit and Operations systems are enriched with deal details, to a high degree of accuracy at all times.
- Ensure that deal revenue is booked and distributed correctly and at the appropriate time.
- Monitor recently signed deals for early-stage lifecycle events and action accordingly.
- Remain control focused, working accurately and in a timely manner to avoid control risk.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrating sound decision-making abilities to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Exhibit the initiative to raise issues to business partners and management when needed.
- Good interpersonal skills, interact professionally and confidently with senior deal team members within the Front Office.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining flexible and willing to accept new assignments and challenges in a rapidly changing environment whilst remaining control orientated.
- Think strategically and tactically to design process improvement ideas with the flexibility to adjust to new innovations, regulations, and priorities.
- Experience reading and interpreting LMA/LSTA loan documentation or related experience dealing with legal documentation.
- Basic knowledge of general ledger account structures.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Direct working knowledge of LIQ.
- Ability to:
- prioritise tasks appropriately, whilst operating within a fast-changing and high-pressured environment
- communicate professionally and accurately in written and oral form
- summarise issues succinctly and set out well thought-out solutions