Quantitative Research - Interest Rates - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
If you are passionate, curious, and ready to make an impact, we are looking for you.
Quantitative Research (QR) is an expert quantitative modelling group in J.P. Morgan, as well as a leader in financial engineering, data analytics, statistical modelling and portfolio management. As a global team, QR partners with traders, marketers and risk managers across all products and regions, contributes to sales and client interaction, product innovation, valuation and risk management, inventory and portfolio optimization, electronic trading and market making, and appropriate financial risk controls.
We are looking for a talented Quantitative Analyst to join our team in London. Our team’s mission is to develop and maintain sophisticated mathematical models, cutting-edge methodologies and infrastructure to value and hedge financial transactions, as well as improve the performance of algorithmic trading strategies and promote advanced electronic solutions to our clients worldwide. We work closely with Interest Rates Flow Option trading desks to develop statistical arbitrage strategies and other quantitative trading models.
In addition, we are providing on job training, intensive internal classroom training, and online courses, all given by our experienced quants. Through the diversity of the businesses it supports and the variety of functions that it is responsible for, Quantitative Research group provides unique growth opportunities for you to develop your abilities and your career.
You’ll contribute to the firm’s product innovation, effective risk management, financial risk controls. Specially, you’ll have the chance to:
- Develop/Enhance prices and implement them in C++/Python for pricing and risk managing derivatives
- Rapid prototyping of models and products; benchmark and compare results of various techniques
- Explain model behaviour and predictions to traders and controllers, identify major sources of risk in portfolios, carry out scenario analysis, provide guidance/debug analytics
- Write well-formulated documents of model specification and implementation testing
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment of real-time Market pressures and easily remain focused on client needs
- You demonstrate quantitative and problem-solving skills as well as research skills; excellence in probability theory and numerical analysis
- You demonstrate proficiency in code design and programming skills, with primary focus on Python and C++
- You quickly grasp business concepts outside immediate area of expertise and adapt to rapidly changing business needs;
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, can engage and influence partners and stakeholders; You are good at communicating concepts and ideas, also via documentation, and you are keen to defend their validity and tailor messages to different audiences
- You’re enthusiastic about knowledge sharing and collaboration
- You think strategically and creatively when faced with problems and opportunities. You always look for new ways of doing things
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Masters or equivalent degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, etc. Relevant academic research publications a plus
- Knowledge of interest rate products.
Beyond that, we’re interested in the things that make you unique: personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia and profession that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the differences you could bring to the team.