Lead User Researcher – CIB Markets
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As part of J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB), the Digital Experience Design organization's mission is to improve the experience of external clients and internal users across a broad variety of complex, essential, and high-value product and service journeys. Within this organization, The User Research team helps lead research efforts that promote the voice of the user in the design and delivery of digital solutions. We have team members with deep expertise in psychometrics, ethnography, mixed methods, we share, collaborate, and work together to solve tough research questions.
The User Research team’s mission is to enable "building the right digital experiences " and "building experiences right" at scale.
As a Lead user researcher, you will work closely with Product owners, Design Leads and designers to better understand the needs, drivers and success criteria of our diverse internal and external clients. Your insights will have real and immediate impact on business processes, digital product roadmaps and design. You will develop meaningful and relevant research questions, answer those questions with a variety of methods and approaches to deliver concrete, actionable design recommendations.
In this role, you will:
- Scope, plan and craft discovery and evaluative research activities
- Manage and execute discovery and evaluative research studies
- Analyze, synthesize and report on research studies
- Integrate quantitative thinking into studies in partnership with the quant arm of the research team
- Provide research leadership to Product and Design on value-add activities
- Present your findings with senior leadership to make recommendations on design
- Work in a fast-paced, iterative, and innovative environment
- Conduct high-level research to help determine which “ideas” should be pursued
To be a successful candidate for this role, you should:
- Have 6 - 10 years of experience in User Research; preferred experience in a large financial services company or another regulated industry OR an agency role servicing such clients
- Have academic or professional experience in Human-Computer Interaction.
- Masters Degree in a relevant field (Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction HCI, Human Machine Interaction HMI, Anthropology, Sociology, …), or equivalent practical experience
- Have experience working in qualitative or mixed methods user research for digital products
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, and when and how to apply them in the product development process
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work and lead independently and feel comfortable navigating ambiguity
About Digital Experience Design
The Digital Experience Design team (DXD) includes nearly 300 UX and visual designers, service designers, researchers and creative technologists spread across six global locations. As a team, we partner with business, product, and technology stakeholders across the Corporate & Investment Bank to design products and services that drive engagement, increase client satisfaction and delight end users.
Learn more about DXD at http://design.jpmorgan.com/
Diversity by designOur team, our work and the outcomes they produce are driven by diversity. Here, you’ll find people from all over the world, valued for the added dimensions their experience, origins, and perspectives bring to the products we deliver. Join us and see for yourself that our commitment to diversity is intentional, essential, and ongoing. It provides the insight and ideas we need to be a better team. And a smarter one, too.