Technical Program Manager - Athena Modernization (CIB Markets Technology)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Technical Program Manager – Athena Modernization (CIB Markets Technology)
Athena is a cross-asset risk and trade management platform transforming technology at JP Morgan Chase. It delivers innovative and efficient applications to a wide range of the firm's businesses, including sales, trading, operations, risk and research. Athena combines the best of open source and cloud (AWS) technologies with innovative components developed internally, which gives you the ability to contribute to wide range of exciting initiatives. Our teams enjoy working with front office, quants and other engineering, product management, and program management teams in CIB Markets Technology and wider Global Technology.
For Athena platform being critical to our business, it is an imperative to maintain and enhance efficiency, scalability, resiliency, and controls posture, and to keep Athena platform modern. The aforementioned goals are executed through Athena’s programs delivered by the product value streams and platform services.
We’re seeking a senior technical program manager for Athena’s large scale and complex modernization programs including AWS migrations: line of business (asset classes) adoption, build-out of platform capabilities and regulatory approvals.
- Program governance and forums
- Stakeholder management and communication
- Articulation of program scope and milestones in partnership with the firmwide programs and Athena product and engineering leadership
- Advisory on trade-offs between business needs, technical, resource and other constraints to accelerate program value and milestone delivery
- Evaluation of trade-offs with Athena PMO, Portfolio Management, Product Managers, Engineering Leadership and Architects
- Connecting stakeholders, engineers and product managers across Athena value streams and platform services
- Driving effective teamwork, collaboration and communication
- Evolution and management of the structure, artifacts and tools to run an effective and efficient governance and program management structure
- Integration of the above with product (value stream, platform services) and agile structures, people/roles, forums, processes, artifacts and tools
- Anticipation of bottlenecks and risks, and management issue and risk register
- Regular reporting, timely alerting and escalations
- Management of program blockers, risks and issues through to resolution
- Understanding of roles and responsibilities associated to Product and Agile Transformation
- Support the product and agile transformation integrating Program Management
- Ensure Agile Planning and Forecasting is operational at the Program level
- Partner with the Athena PMO, Portfolio Manager and Product Managers on the annual plan/budget cycle, quarterly plan and delivery cycle as well as continuous planning for your Programs/Projects
- Minimum 15 years of experience as a senior technical program manager
- Understanding of cloud (AWS), data centre infrastructure, micro-services, data architecture, SDLC, CICD, DevOps and SRE technologies and operations at a conceptual and logical level
- Understanding of technical regulatory requirements in financial sector
- Understanding of product management, scaled agile and scrum frameworks
- Experience managing large scale technology modernization, transformation and regulatory programs such as AWS modernization and migrations, data centre consolidation, top-tier bank regulatory programs, and large scale systems refactoring
- Experience managing business stakeholders and senior managing and executive director levels, and leading global distributed virtual teams
- Experience working in product-led and agile organizations undergoing product and delivery model transformation; experience establishing and executing new senior roles as a result of transformations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Proven ability to achieve quality results in a high-pressure, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to develop strong partnerships across lines of business and technology (software development and infrastructure) teams to achieve goals
- Proven track record of contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion agenda
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.