Commercial Bank - Innovation Economy Treasury Management Officer – Vice President - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Innovation Economy Banking group is part of the Commercial Banking at JP Morgan Chase and focuses on companies specifically focused on early to mid-stage companies in the Technology, Disruptive Commerce and Life Sciences space.
Our competitive advantage is that we cover this market in a truly unique way – through a partnership between our corporate bankers and investment bankers who together build relationships with our clients and offer customized financial solutions. Our investment bankers bring strategic ideas to clients, which are executed with investment banking products. Our corporate bankers provide commercial banking products and structure loan facilities for our clients. This approach brings together integrated financial services ranging from cash management to raising capital and partners closely with Investment Banking, Corporate Derivatives Marketing, Payments and Asset and Wealth Management, among others.
The Innovation Economy Vice President Payment Sales is an integral coverage team member who contributes to new sales targets and achieving portfolio growth objectives.
- Recognizing the importance of Payments services to our clients, work with key product partners to deliver cash management solutions across the globe. Structures range from the complex, pan-regional liquidity solutions to in-country cash management
- Cultivate client contacts and relationships to increase revenue and cross sell product to a targeted subset clients and prospects. Typical requirements will focus on treasury services, cross-border FX payments and merchant services
- Provide the necessary oversight and local accountability to support Commercial Banking’s KYC processes, Onboarding and all documentation to conform to JPMC policy
- Maintain open, clear, fluid communication with stakeholders, i.e., bankers, product partners, middle office and back office teams, locally and overseas.
Required Qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Relevant banking and treasury experience
- Broader commercial banking product knowledge and/or experience would be an advantage – lending, capital markets, securities etc.
- Knowledge of the Innovation Economy market.
- Exposure to third party payment business models
- A good track record in growing revenues and achieving transaction banking sales goals.
- Demonstrates drive/ambition to develop into an individual contributor salesperson.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to mobilize internal networks and resources.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word) and superior analytical and quantitative skills.
- The ability to be a highly motivated, productive team player.
- Presentation, negotiation, and marketing skills necessary.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and proactive.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and manage processes efficiently.
- Outstanding ethics, integrity and judgment.