Quantitative Research - Credit - Associate or Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
If you are passionate, curious, and ready to make an impact, we are looking for you.
J.P. Morgan has the leading Global Spread business in terms of volume traded, issuers traded and investor relationships. The Spread business covers Credit, Securitized Products Group, and Public Finance Markets. J.P. Morgan Global Spread Trading offers first-class, highly integrated financial services to a global client base and provides financial assets and liquidity for banks, insurance companies, finance companies, mutual funds and hedge funds. Traders, salespeople and research analysts work collectively to generate ideas. The Credit business make secondary markets in high grade bonds/CDS, high yield bonds/CDS, distressed bonds, indices, options, correlation products, and more exotic structures.
We are looking for experienced Quant to join the Credit Quantitative Research team which will focus on covering the High Touch Credit business. The opportunity is to join our London team, with a focus on pricing models, delivery of real-time risk and pnl analytics and ensuring that we are able to provide our trading clients the best possible decision making tools. The role will span all aspects of QR coverage, but there will be particular emphasis on the delivery of real-time risk analytics, covering all aspects of credit trading for both single bonds, bond portfolios, ETFs, and credit derivatives.
- Develop and maintain our real-time risk and PnL analytics, by both looking at current implementation and also providing innovative ideas to define our hedging strategy
- Liaising with trading in EMEA (London and Paris), and especially with individual operators in order to ensure that their needs are properly captured in our book of work.
- Explaining model behaviour, carrying out scenario analyses, developing and delivering quantitative tools, and supporting analytics
- Ensure that all the ideas are documented, and either directly implement the solutions we propose or liaise with the broader team in order to achieve this.
- Writing model documentation compliant with internal and regulatory standards
- Working with model control teams to facilitate timely and efficient review and approval of models
- The role will be operating in a very dynamic environment which can be occasionally undergo some pressure due to situations developing in the market
- This role is also expected to interact a lot with other sub-teams within Credit QR
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- An advanced degree in math, statistics, physics, financial engineering, computer science
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a credit or fixed-income capacity
- You demonstrate of a good knowledge of the credit or at least the fixed income business, a very structured mathematical approach to problem solving, as well as knowledge about the software development process
- You bring knowledge of quantitative modelling and risk neutral pricing as the role is expected to deal with derivative pricing as well as securities
- You demonstrate a strong interest in good software design principles
- You bring exceptional analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- You demonstrate a knowledge of credit products and models
- You are advanced in software design and data science, preferably with some C++ and Python knowledge and experience
- You demonstrate a prior experience and knowledge with corporate bonds, ETFs, vanilla credit derivatives, index options and algo pricing techniques
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- A Ph.D. in a numerate subject from a top academic institution is a plus, but not an absolute requirement
- Excellent oral communication skills are required in our interaction with trading, technology, and control functions
- Excellent written communication skills are also required for meeting the high standards of the model documentation
- Team player attitude
Beyond that, we’re interested in the things that make you unique: personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia and profession that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the differences you could bring to the team.