Quality Control Investigations Associate
Job Type: Full time
As a Quality Control Investigations Associate in the Financial Crime department, you will support the end to end review and completion of the SAR reporting process. A key element of the role is to create constructive feedback loops with the FCOI investigations team and wider stakeholders to achieve & improve overall the investigation quality of wider FCOI division. Analyse error trends and pro-actively identify opportunities to improve the process and colleague performance.
- Critical decision making on the outcomes of financial crime investigations and review documentary evidence for financial crime investigations prepared by the Investigations team.
- Ensure investigations that is completed accurately and in accordance with local and firmwide standards and regulatory guidelines and pro-actively identify and escalate error trends, control weaknesses and training opportunities.
- Develop and maintain training/coaching materials. Support training requirements for new and existing colleagues.
- Manage one-off projects, assisting with overall build and development of the wider FCOI function, processes and procedures.
- Build a consistent culture through ongoing coaching, best practice development, and training across analysts.
- Develop strong partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders, proactively build and maintain relationships across the firm.
- Identify and execute process improvements and provide Subject Matter Expert support on key process and technology initiatives Liaising with Quality Assurance (2nd line of defense) and ensuring QA feedback is reviewed and actions followed through.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience in financial crime / fraud investigations, including the preparation and filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
- Knowledge of financial crime/fraud risks facing the industry and experience in quality checking/Assurance experience.
- Good communication skills and proven experience of preparing and writing clear & concise reports as well as the desire to develop/learn new skills
- Proven ability to analyse & interpret ambiguous data, utilise this to make risk assessed decisions and the ability to deep-dive and investigate issues to reach a successful resolution to applicable parties
- Proven ability to spot & resolve problems whilst adhering to controls and standards.
- Adapt to dealing with competing demands and deadlines in high-pressure environment.
- Previous work experience in any of the following areas or similar: AML / Financial Crime / Compliance / Audit / Regulation / Risk & Controls