Senior Lead Software Engineer - DevOps
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Our team is a core component of this new venture. We have created a new organisation with diverse professionals that come from a wide set of skills, backgrounds and experiences, including top big tech companies, blockchain innovators and FinTech unicorns.
Team members have broad autonomy to collaborate and work in a cross-functional way and we value your opinion in every matter. Our inclusive culture is hugely important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, compassionate people who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. We are about bringing new products to market that solve real world problems for real life customers, not just innovation for the sake of innovation. We are human first; we love working with each other, and we need personal connections and in-person bonding. We find we are happier, more motivated and more productive this way. If this sounds like something that you would like to be a part of we'd encourage you to read on and apply.
As a Senior Lead Software Engineer - DevOps at JPMorgan Chase within the International Consumer Bank you will be working on a greenfield project building unique businesses from scratch.
- You willcollaborate closely with our platform engineers who will work on enabling product teams to build, test, deploy and run their containerised workloads
- You will contribute to our cloud native architecture (accounts/projects, IAM hierarchies, networking, etc), following latest industry best practices, across multiple cloud providers (GCP, AWS and later Azure)
- You will contribute to the design and participate in the implementation of our GitHub-based SDLC
- You will engage and collaborate with engineers across the business to understand use-cases, and to define best-practices for use of the infrastructure platform
- You will bring in the new, cutting-edge technologies and techniques, while driving their adoption, where appropriate
- You will define and work to implement tooling for infrastructure management, monitoring, and scalability
- You will design and deliver new features to streamline and improve the SDLC process
- You will interact with and work with various technology vendors, offering SaaS products
- You will automate various aspects of the SDLC, with the north star of a fully automated, no manual intervention solution
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
We’d like you to have extensive experience in a similar role, along with a few key technical skills:
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with at least one cloud provider (GCP/AWS preferred)
- Extensive experience in setting up and managing container orchestration platforms (Kubernetes, or similar); knowledge of Kubernetes Operators is a bonus
- Very good knowledge of networking, especially in the context of cloud native applications
- Experience with at least 1 high-level programming language (Java, Python, etc)
- Experience with integrating CI/CD pipelines with version control systems (GitHub + GitHub actions, GitLab, etc.)
- Experience with setting up CICD pipelines for building and deploying microservice based applications, on container orchestration tools (Kubernetes preferred)
- Expertise in build and deploy tools such as (Jenkins, Harness, ArgoCD)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- A desire to teach others and share knowledge. We aren’t looking for hero developers, more for team players. We want you to coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform, Ansible, Pulumi, Helm)
- Comfortable in uncharted waters. We are building something new. Things change quickly. We need you to learn technologies and patterns quickly
- Ability to see the long term. We don’t want you to sacrifice the future for the present. We want you to choose technologies and approaches based on the end goals.