Fullstack Angular/Java Software Engineer II
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
You’re ready to gain the skills and experience needed to grow within your role and advance your career — and we have the perfect software engineering opportunity for you.
As a Fullstack Java Software Engineer II at JPMorgan Chase within the Corporate Technology Reference Data division, you will play a pivotal role in the design, development, and delivery of software components for our advanced technology products. Your contributions will ensure the security, stability, and scalability of these components. You will be actively involved in the ongoing transformation of the Global Instrument Master (GIM), a strategic reference data application, from a database-centric monolith to domain-promoten microservices. This role also offers the opportunity to gain valuable skills and experience as you participate in a major project to transition these microservices to the cloud in 2024.
- Design and build innovative solutions in Angular and Java, to extend the User Interface capabilities of the Global Instrument Master platform.
- Work as part of a feature team in a large-scale scrum model, interfacing regularly with stakeholders to stay focussed on common goals.
- Designs, develops, codes, and troubleshoots with consideration of upstream and downstream systems and technical implications
- Learns and applies system processes, methodologies, and skills for the development of secure, stable code and systems
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
- Executes standard software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting
- Applies technical troubleshooting to break down solutions and solve technical problems of basic complexity
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and expanding applied experience
- Proficiency in Java and Angular, with any experience in Oracle, SQL, Mongo, Python beneficial.
- Passion for technology and in maintaining knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in a large corporate environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Experience across the whole Software Development Life Cycle
- Emerging knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Exposure to cloud technologies