UI Designer | New Games
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Craft:UX & UI
We are looking for a dedicated and multi-skilled UI Designer with a passion for games, graphic design and excellent user experiences. In this role, you will be a core component of UI design in our New Games business working on one of our exciting new projects.
Working with the projects Art Director, UI Lead or UI team, you will collaborate with a wide array of different crafts from Art and Tech to Game and UX Design. Your focus will be to design, create and implement, outstanding UI that is on style and fitting for the game and its audience.
If you are an experienced UI designer with a passion for crafting amazing mobile game experiences for the next generation of King players, then we want to talk to you !
Skills to Create Thrills
In the role of UI Designer, you will be able to demonstrate the following set of skills
- High levels of creativity with a passion for games and player centric, interactive experiences
- Implement UI content (static & animated), in-game, utilising industry standard techniques and workflows
- Skills in visual communication with an ability to quickly create concepts, user flows, prototypes and/or mock-ups to communicate your ideas
- Understand limitations and nuances of displaying UI or user information to players on mobile devices, including : visual hierarchy, player onboarding, information optimisation, the basics of haptic feedback
- Acknowledge of fundamental graphic design principles, such as : typography, colour theory, shape language, layout design
- Aware of industry standard applications such as : content creation packages like the Adobe Suite (Photoshop etc.), UI/UX prototyping tools (Proto.io, Sketch, Adobe Xd), game development tools (Unity or Unreal)
- Knowledge of technical constraints, optimization and implementation
- Good listening and interpretation skills, with an ability to decipher game designs and how to visualise them efficiently
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Interpersonal skills with an ability to self-organise, plan effectively and work autonomously when needed
- An innovative spirit, happy to go beyond the assigned tasks, actively seeking responsibility
- Previous experience of working in casual mobile games, including live operations
- Motion Design skills (animate text and transitions with flair)
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required.
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com