Level Designer Manager- Candy Crush Soda Saga
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Craft:Games Design & Production
Candy Crush Soda Saga is one of the biggest games in the world, entertaining millions of players every day, and we are looking for people who are as excited as we are about making it even bigger and better. Working in a talented cross- functional team, you will play a key role in the development and delivery of new and exciting experiences for our players.
We’re looking for a Level Designer Manager to deliver world-leading mobile games. If you want to contribute to creating an amazing experience for millions of players to enjoy on the go then this is the right job for you!
As part of Candy Crush Soda Saga team, you will lead a team of Level Designers supporting one of our largest franchises and play a key part in creating well-balanced, consistent and thrilling levels based on the game’s rules as well as support the delivery of the game’s core vision.
Ultimately, you will ensure our content is fun to play!
Your role within the Kingdom
- Lead and inspire a team of level designers and care for the craft.
- Line manage the individuals, making them thrive and grow both as designers and as people.
- Lead the performance management process over the year.
-Set the standard for your team in terms of level creation, quality assessment, and best practices as you create, assess, rebalance, and tune new existing levels.
- Look into continuously improving workflow and process efficiency
- Remain up-to-date with level design literature and best practices to continue contributing to our level design expertise
Skills to create thrills
- Must have prior experience managing or mentoring level designers
- Coaching skills, supporting individuals to reach their growth trajectory.
- Experience and/or knowledge of level design processes for casual games
- You have a great passion for games and the casual market and know how to think out of the box. and, of course, you'll need to know what makes a good game.
- Experience working within a game production team and/or knowledge of game production best practices
- Effective communication skills
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com