Senior Games Operations Specialist
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Craft:Games Design & Production
If you want to create entertainment for millions of players to enjoy on the go, then we want you to join us! As Senior Games Operations Specialist, you will be directly responsible for bringing the magic of features and events to our players by collaborating with game teams to ensure the best possible player experience. This is a vital role for our live games, and you will be working across all the disciplines to support the development of successful mobile games.
Your role with our Kingdom:
- Manage the process and workflow for releasing new content as well as setting up and monitoring LiveOps and A/B tests
- In collaboration with data scientists, strategise new approaches, A/B tests, and improvements for LiveOps and content in order to maximise long-term effectiveness
- Understand KPI’s and the business of games. Coordinate with Business Performance to make data-informed decisions regarding how to positively impact KPI’s
- Work across disciplines within the live environment to move tasks and initiatives forward
- Proficiently firefight issues that arise and problem solve in a live game environment
- Ensure live bugs are identified and followed-up on
- Monitor the performance of promotions and events, and their impact on retention and revenue
Skills to create thrills
- Independent and driven leader for aligning goals, people, and execution
- Have been on a live team for one or more free-to-play mobile games
- Demonstrate analytical and data-informed decision making
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Be proficient with tools and systems for setting up and managing LiveOps
- Experience in contributing to the development, release, and/or service operations of at least one game or live digital product.
- Driver of a positive team culture, encouraging open feedback, and an environment that boosts engagement, ownership, and accountability.
- Able to receive feedback openly and adjust leadership style and way of working.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
Tasty Bonus Skills
- Passion for mobile games
- Experience in game development crafts such as art, game design, engineering, QA/QC
- Experience working with distributed teams
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com