Senior Analyst FP&A - Contract
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
This is a contract role and falls inside IR35.
Kingster’s in Finance are a truly commercial bunch. We focus on using our unique view into the numbers to see trends and opportunities that are developing within King and devise innovative solutions to complex problems in forecasting, accounting, compliance, and project management.
If you’re a Finance professional that dreams of ripping off that corporate attire and pulling on a pair of jeans, there’s an opportunity for you here.
We’re currently recruiting a highly analytical FP&A Analyst to report to an FP&A Manager.
Your role within our Kingdom
- Be at the heart of any forward-looking deliverables produced by the team, including the long-range plan, annual operating plan, quarterly forecasts and weekly pacing
- Support project management of planning cycles by creating calendars, task lists and templates to ensure completion of internal and external deadlines
- Communicate issues succinctly and in a timely manner. Proactively manage issues before they become problems
- Manage feasible timetables with all internal finance stakeholders to ensure timely delivery and outputs
- Consolidate the group P&L by working closely with various finance teams to understand movements in revenue, performance marketing and operating expenses
- Deep dive into focus areas to understand key changes and help formulate the overall story – ensuring alignment to strategic company objectives
- Lead project-based work, including owning financial impact modelling; template design and stakeholder input management
- Assist with preparation of planning materials for senior audiences including leadership and Board, sharing information concisely in PowerPoint using visuals/graphics appropriate to the audience
- Provide routine and ad hoc reporting to the business in a form that accurately and clearly articulates the key points and provides analysis & insight
- Create detailed analytics and dashboards to succinctly summarise information and identify outliers or trends
Skills to create thrills
- Self-organised and the ability to gather data from various sources
- Commercial awareness and experience of understanding relationships between key financial and non- financial business drivers
- Advanced excel skills and experience and initiative in building robust financial models
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken (English)
- Able to manage tight deadlines to ensure key deliverables are met
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified or equivalent
Bonus points (not a deal breaker)
- Hyperion/TM1 Cognos systems experience or similar large enterprise software
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com