Marketing Art Director | New Games
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a Marketing Art Director in New Games you will play a fundamental role in the way we develop IPs and games that light the creativity of players worldwide, and help launch them into the world to delight and encourage millions!
You'll work at every stage of development, from the seed of an idea which we might want to test with players, through to global go to market launches - crafting a range of assets across motion and static imagery, that work across all marketing channels, from app stores, to performance marketing videos, to social media, partnerships and brand campaigns.
As a key partner to game developers and strategic marketing collaborators, you will use your experience to source and build assets and host of agencies and partners. You will be a trusted guardian of quality who understands the needs of marketing whilst showing a detailed knowledge of games and the game creation process.
Ready for it? We can't wait to meet you!
- Be the creative driving force for brilliant marketing materials for brand-new games - from initial assets for early testing all the way through to campaign work for launch - from the creation of briefs with partners to the execution and delivery of assets.
- Work in partnership with a multi-disciplinary team - comprised of game/studio art teams, Producers, Product Marketing, Brand Marketing, Performance Marketing, and In House Marketing Creative teams
- Mentor Marketing Artists and Video Creatives both in house and at agencies, to build extraordinary assets and develop their capabilities in the longer term. Ensure all subsequent marketing channel materials hit quality standards.
- Help source and lead engagements with Agencies for high priority projects - and other outsourced partnerships - guarantee the best impact and best utilization of talent
- Build gold standard Key Art and Branding work that shows in depth understanding of both product and marketplace
- Collaborate practically with marketing team member and game producers to build convincing plans and hit crucial deadlines
- Key partner for project Art Directors and Visual Development Directors ensuring marketing materials implement to and, at times help shape, established visual guidelines and authentic to the game
- Build the first Style Guides for new IPs to ensure consistent excellence across all channels, guarantee each game’s uniqueness and brand is crafted, preserved and accurately portrayed
- Work with internal marketing creative team to facilitate continued optimization of content production pipeline through iterative processes and utilization of new tools and tech
- Outstanding practical skills - able to build and guide excellent execution using material in and out of the engine, can set visual targets. Extensive knowledge of the software and tools to do so.
- Performance Marketing creative understanding - you know how creativity functions in the rapidly iterating world of performance marketing for gaming or related industries - you know when to push quality and innovation, but you also know when pragmatism should play a learn role in order to test and learn quickly towards a final concept
- Detailed understanding of key Art areas in 2D and 3D - modeling, animation, lighting, shading and rendering.
- Considerable experience in crafting for major gaming and entertainment brands - you understand the perspectives of players and how to speak to them
- Excellent in working in partnership - you’ll have brilliant interpersonal skills and powers of influence without direct management lines - you provide clear plans and ideas and generate huge trust in Games Teams and Marketing.
- You can spot, analyze and creatively apply trends in design, social media and the broader gaming and entertainment space, your finger is always on the pulse
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com