Commercial Finance Manager - Games
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Commercial Finance Manager – Games
Kingsters in Finance are a truly commercial bunch. We focus on using our unique view into the numbers to see trends and opportunities that are developing within King and devise innovative solutions to complex problems in forecasting, accounting, compliance, and project management.
Your role within our Kingdom
We are looking for an expert Finance Manager responsible for leading all aspects of end to end financial performance of our flagship title, Candy Crush Saga! Reporting into the Senior Finance Manager, this is a broad role performing a variety of duties including but not limited to:
- Be a trusted business partner providing encouraging challenge and insight, driving a culture of continual improvement; lead the implementation of those improvements and integrate finance into the business operations
- Identify key performance drivers supported by solid analysis
- Navigate a rich data ecosystem with disparate and varied sources to serve as a financial analytics/dashboard expert, ensuring alignment and integration of King’s financial data with the business use and interpretation
- Support bi- weekly flash forecasts, quarterly forecasts, and annual budgets processes
- Preparation of monthly reporting packs containing both financial and non- financial KPIs and commentary
- Stay ahead of competitor and market analysis, to highlight opportunities to leadership and the business and drive actionable business insights and inform forecasting projections
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting as required, including supporting the management team, the finance team and for board reporting
Skills To Create Thrills
- Proven experience within a global mobile gaming company or a company with a similar business model to understand the full range of revenue drivers and marketing channels open to an online business like ours.
- Strong commercial acumen, as well as demonstrable experience of understanding relationships between key financial and non-financial business drivers across revenue and marketing investment
- Strong business partnering experience, collaborative in building robust relationships within the King community, and gravitas in working with and challenging senior management
- Ability to deliver and handle change in a fast-paced tech company
- An analytical mindset comfortable working with big data sets and translating results into meaningful analysis and incorporating into forecasts
- Experience in presenting commercial and financial metrics to non-finance teams and key stakeholders
- The ability and drive to lead process improvements and drive efficiencies across ways of working
- Advanced excel skill and experience and initiative in building robust financial models
- Developing professional PowerPoint decks/presentations and advanced graph building skills
- Provide routine and ad hoc analysis and reporting in a form that accurately and clearly articulates the key points and actionable insights
- Able to maintain quality work and meet rigorous deadlines
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Able to present complex issues in clear, simple language
- Fast learner and ability to pick up complex work quickly and with accuracy
- ACA or CIMA qualified or international equivalent
- Hyperion systems experience or similar large enterprise software
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com