Senior People Partner - Games
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Craft:HR & Business Support
Are you a curious, passionate and result oriented HR professional, with an eye for details, data and employee relation matters? Who gets a kick out of working commercially whilst collaborating with your stakeholders and peers? Do you thrive on providing a complete cycle of HR services, from establishing a trusted partnership with business leaders to managing cyclical people processes and drive strategic people prioritise? If so this could be the ideal role for you!
We are hiring a Senior HR Business Partner for Candy Crush Saga, King’s larges live game franchise. Reporting into the VP of People you will be a key individual of the Candy People Team, you will execute business strategies across the end-to-end employee life cycle. These will have particular focus on performance management, talent management, workforce planning, organisational effectiveness, and employee engagement.
Your role within our kingdom
- Establishing a true strategic partnership with a diverse set of managers you will be accountable for creating and driving elements of the people strategy for your area of responsibility.
- Continuously work with managers across the business to support and drive all people strategy, agenda and related processes, topics and priorities. This will include: performance management, talent management, succession, org design, data analytics and tracking, merit planning, compliance cases, communications and workforce planning
- Use your strong data skills to be able to determent, create and track relevant OKRs and KPI throughout the year
- Be a key influencer on all important people related decisions, ensuring that the business maintains alignment with the overall people strategy
- Use your energy, HR expertise and business acumen to establish a trusted partnership with a diverse set of business leaders, coaching, advising and supporting them with their people plans, talent needs and employee relations support
- You will have accountability for completing relevant performance management activities, talent planning, succession, assessments and similar processes that drive the people strategy with high quality and integrity; including execution upon agreed to and approved plans
- Drive organisational development, re-design, change management in your areas. Through a strong project management and communications skills.
- Partner with leaders to develop our leadership capability and skills needed for our future success.
- You will have strong initiative, creativity and facilitation skills, supporting leaders and teams with workshops, career and development sessions, engagement and high performing team initiatives
- Be a trusted labour law advisors for your business
- Work closely with HR Centres of Expertise (CoE) to resolve complex and challenging problems through innovative and agile thinking
- Manage bonus and merit process, ensuring recognition and reward attracts and retains the best
- Actively drive our D&I strategy looking at how this can be improved for your business units across all touch points of the Employee lifecycle. Support King initiatives and actively contribute to embed D&I nudges across out processes
- Champion our values and culture, being a role model for these and supporting the continual embedding of them in everything we do.
- You will have a growth mindset, prioritise your own growth and development and be curious about understanding and driving external benchmarks across both functional and HR areas.
- Project Management of elements of either the functional or HR strategy
Skills to create thrills
- Thrives in a fast paced, diverse and creative environment
- Clear and strong business impact skills
- A strong commercial profile with a passion for data
- Results orientated combined with a high level of goal-oriented approach
- Change agent - the skills and desire to change the status quo for the better. These should include the ability to manage all elements of organisational transformation, facilitation and training.
- Employee Relations, use knowledge to coach and advise managers and drive necessary actions
- Mediation skills, understands and assesses risks for the business and guides senior management in support of conflict resolution. Able to represent the company at court.
- Data driven with a high proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint. You should be able to use data to demonstrate insights, inform decisions and visualize it to influence others through storytelling
- Excellent project managing skills – Own and manage cyclical people processes and projects
- Communication – Use simple, engaging and appropriate ways to influence and communicate. Understand your strengths and style and know how to flex this in order to influence and have the right business impact
- Demonstrated track record of international HR Business Partner excellence, in partnership at a senior level
- Knowledge of relevant employment legislation and labour law is a must
- Fluent in business English (written and spoken) essential.
- Bachelors qualified, (King will consider experience as an alternative)
- Experience from Digital, Entertainment or Technology companies
- Experience partnering multiple business functions across technology platforms and studio creative teams.
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com