Home Pricing Manager - Research & Development
Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you enjoy making it happen, with a passion for leading people, and looking for a new role in a growing team? – fantastic, we have something that might pique your interest.
We are looking to hire a Home Pricing Manager within our Research & Development team. You will be based in Bournemouth, Birmingham, London or Croydon with hybrid working and report in to the Head of Pricing R & D.
You will be experienced in all aspects of Technical Pricing and in particular, optimisation and we are looking for someone with a track record of Pricing R&D delivery.
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues at LV.
- Educated to degree level in a numerate subject
- MSc in Statistics, Actuarial or ACII qualification is desirable
- Significant personal lines pricing experience.
- Experience in developing Pricing Optimisation frameworks into live pricing. An awareness of Data Science modelling techniques is preferable.
- Experience of managing pricing analysts desirable
- To deputise for the relevant Head of pricing, and contribute to the product underwriting strategy.
- To define and deliver pricing analysis projects to improve underwriting performance whilst supporting GWP targets through competitive product/price positioning.
- To input into product development, by primarily identifying innovative underwriting segmentation improvements to support volume growth and profitability ambitions.
- To establish a robust rate relativity review process to optimise the conversion and profitability of individual risk segments within the portfolio.
- To review overall product and individual scheme profitability, providing necessary pricing input into the budget planning process for existing lines, and the evaluation of new schemes or partnership bids.
- To define and deliver a ‘fit for purpose’ MI reporting suite to monitor and control the underwriting performance and competitive price positioning of the portfolio, by channel, scheme, claim type and individual risk segment.
- To manage and develop the more junior pricing analysts within the pricing team.
- Ensure that the pricing decisions follow regulatory guidance and reflect the values of LV.
Rewards and Benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways.
We value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone feels respected for their individual contribution and is able to bring their true self to work.
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook