Home Claims Handler
Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group
Job Type: Not Specified
Want to work for a company who is passionate about our people and puts customers at the heart of what we do?
We’re looking for Claims Handlers for our home insurance division. You’ll have great relationship-building skills and share our passion for providing outstanding customer service. You’ll also be an empathetic listener who can adapt your style to get the best outcome for your customers.
- Deliver excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Provide a friendly and personable customer journey
- Stay calm and patient when dealing with challenging and emotional situations
- Let your attitude, work ethic and communications skills shine through
- Relate to our values
We’re looking for brilliant team players who can deal with challenging situations, so if you’re proactive, constructive, organised and can answer ‘yes’ to any of the above, we’d love to hear from you!!
The role is 35 hours per week with the opportunity to split your time by working from the comfort of your own home and occasionally in the office. Our shifts span 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday or 8am – 4pm on Saturdays. Currently, our Claims Handlers work only one Saturday in every three and no Sundays or Bank Holidays required!
You’ll spend your time chatting to our customers over the phone about their Home insurance claims. You’ll take ownership of a variety of claims from start to finish, putting your problem-solving skills to good use to resolve each one as quickly as possible. You’ll use your initiative to find solutions that work for our customers and our business.
This role is a Band A in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
- Enjoy 24 days annual leave (increasing with length of service) in addition to your bank holidays with the option of buying or selling additional hours/days
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance for you and your family
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance and a Cycle to work Scheme)
- LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace, there are many D&I networks to get involved with
- All computer equipment provided
- Generous pension scheme - what you pay in is double matched by LV=, up to a maximum employer contribution of 14%
- Free annual eye test and discount towards computer glasses (prescription dependent)
- Incentives to win tickets to sporting events including international cricket and rugby
- A friendly office with free tea, coffee and cold-water machines
- Our Charity and Wellbeing teams’ welcome new members and they help the business give even more back to our community!
- Access to learning and development opportunities such as mentoring schemes, LinkedIn Learning and apprenticeships
Why work for us?
At LV= GI, we’re on a journey to become Britain’s best loved insurer. To get there, we need more passionate, positive, ‘people’ people to join us. People who’ll proudly put our customers at the heart of everything they do and delight in delivering above and beyond their expectations. Here, there’s no knowing where your career will take you. But one thing’s for sure, you’ll be supported and empowered every step of the way as you shape your future – and play a vital role in ours.