Business Manager to CEO
Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group
Job Type: Not Specified
An exciting and rare opportunity to join LV= GI in a wide-ranging role working as a right-hand to the CEO, this position provides high-level business and strategic support to the CEO to optimise the effectiveness of their role and the function of the wider Allianz Personal Executive Team.
As the Business Manager to the CEO you'll be focussed on business performance and strategy, directed by current business priorities and hot topics or current issues to advise and support the CEO as necessary.
Knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience
- Excellent analytical, numeracy and written & oral communication skills.
- Previous experience in Insurance or Financial Services roles would be advantageous.
- Exceptional organisational skills to ensure that work is prioritised appropriately, deadlines are met and key stakeholders kept suitably updated.
- Maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, even whilst potentially working on a number of complex tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively engage and liaise with senior stakeholders, participating in meetings and providing a different perspective on current issues due to the broad span of the role.
- Ability to exert influence to secure resource from the business (not under the CEO’s reporting line) for priority tasks, often within very short timescales.
- Competent user of all Microsoft Office applications.
Oversight of business performance
- To maintain an oversight of key activities taking place in the business to help inform and prioritise the CEO’s responsibilities;
- Join key meetings and contribute to debates, decision-making processes and action planning.
- Assist in the development of key reports and other analytics/dashboards for the CEO to help in the overall management of the AzP Executive Team & their senior leaders;
- Manage or investigate for the CEO any ad-hoc topics including those related to business performance, strategy and governance, undertaking internal and external research as needed
- Chairing and working closely with the Executive Assistant to prioritise agenda for regular AzP Exec meetings, maximising use of time when the Executive Team meet.
- Manage the objectives setting and performance review process for the CEO and the AzP Executive team in a timely way, ensuring the CEO targets are cascaded appropriately to his team, suggesting appropriate objectives, measures and targets to support business performance.
- Maintain a close relationship with the AzP Strategy Team to support continued focus on key strategic considerations and decision making. Helping to facilitate key debates at the right time, including through support for the Strategy, Transformation and Leadership committee;
- Maintain a close relationship with the Finance Team to support continued focus on close integration between the CEO and the AzP Executive Team, in particular with the Strategic Dialogue and Planning process.
- Support with Cellular business with a range of matters, as needed.
Board related activities
Maintain oversight of all Board activity relevant to Allianz Personal (including Fairmead) as follows:
- Ensuring that the CEO has been engaged in reviewing agenda, has had sight of relevant papers and feels satisfactorily prepared for the meetings;
- Supporting presenters with preparation including briefing, actions updates and review of papers to ensure quality of papers and timely submission of papers;
- Compiling reports on behalf of the CEO for Board and other Executive meetings, in a succinct format enabling the CEO/reader to quickly understand the crux of the matter, any issues and the decisions or feedback that are required;
- Support link into and liaise with stakeholders in the wider organisation where required in preparation of Board material;
- Ownership of the relationship with the Company Secretariat Team as a service provider, working with them to ensure satisfactory service is being provided.
- Responsible for Governance (including meeting terms of reference, delegated authorities and statements of responsibility)
- Support with regulatory correspondence & requests for information as required.
- Oversight of SM&CR and supporting the AzP Executive team with governance documents, changes to teams and role and oversight of the process for application to the Regulators.
- Ensuring Management actions are tracked through Executive Committee to give the CEO and Executive team sufficient visibility and ensure timely closure of audit actions.
- To work closely with the CEO’s Executive Assistant to bring pertinent issues to the CEO’s attention in an organised, succinct manner. Working to triage problems or requests in order re-direct or take on requests as appropriate, minimising or managing the need for the CEO’s personal involvement.
- Maintain strong key relationships with AzP Executive Team, Senior Leadership Group, Allianz UK CEO & AzH Executive committee, Strategy Team, Executive Assistant to the CEO and the broader business.
Rewards and Benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employees job share or work part-time, flexi-time, or compressed hours. Our new hybrid working model now offers all employees the option to work from home 3 days a week and 2 days in the office.
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- An excellent pension plan (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- Other flexible benefits including discounted retail vouchers and dental insurance
- 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions