Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group
Job Type: Not Specified
LV= General Insurance have an excellent opportunity to join an innovative Claims team in Bournemouth as a Third-Party Direct Claims Consultant.
Ours isn’t an average claims team, what makes us different is that we truly understand what matters to our customers. Success here is measured on the experience we offer our customers. You will be empowered to find the right solution often having to think outside the box to deliver outstanding customer service. It can be fast paced but also highly rewarding.
We’re open for our customers from Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm.
Our working hours reflect that:
- We’re open for our customers from Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm.
- You’ll work 37.5 hours a week.
This position will be based from our Bournemouth office, but you will have the option to work from home temporarily.
The salary being offered for the role is £23,625
- There’s a 6 week training plan covering all systems, products and processes used. Full attendance is required for the first 3 weeks.
Whether you’re joining us from a similar role or just starting your career you’ll need to:
- Have the ability to empathise and share our passion for providing stand-out customer service.
- Be passionate, proactive and comfortable working in an ever changing, innovative environment.
- Excellent negotiation skills, to include complaint resolution
- Be an excellent communicator, both written and verbally, with good attention to detail
- Have a strong work ethic and relish the opportunities for continuous self-development
- Your main role will be to proactively manage third party claims including their repairs and hire
- Finding resolutions to complex queries
- Interacting with suppliers and other claims areas
- Manage work within agreed timeframes whilst remaining outcome focussed
- Identify and evaluate claims requiring referral or escalation to relevant areas within the business e.g. fraud, causation and technical claims including referrals to suppliers
- Identify, resolve and escalate complaints ensuring that FCA timescales are followed
- Adhere to regulatory bodies that govern the claims department, e.g. DPA, TCF
Why work for us?
These are incredibly exciting times here at LV= General Insurance (GI). We are already one of the largest personal lines insurers in the UK.
We have ambitious plans that will bring opportunities for all of our people. In addition, we are changing gear, working with a new energy that will see us transform our company, industry and beyond.
We have a vision to become Britain's Best loved, and a strange sense of purpose to help our customers look after what they love. We are passionate and proud about what we do. We will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers.
If you share our ambition and our passion, join us on our journey. You can help us shape our new future together.
Rewards and Benefits
- Enjoy 24 days annual leave (increasing with length of service) in addition to your bank holidays with the option of buying or selling additional hours/days
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance for you and your family
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance and a Cycle to work Scheme)
- LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace, there are many D&I networks to get involved with
- All computer equipment provided
- Generous pension scheme - what you pay in is double matched by LV=, up to a maximum employer contribution of 14%
- Free annual eye test and discount towards computer glasses (prescription dependent)
- Incentives to win tickets to sporting events including international cricket and rugby
- A friendly office with free tea, coffee and cold-water machines
- Our Charity and Wellbeing teams’ welcome new members and they help the business give even more back to our community!
- Access to learning and development opportunities such as mentoring schemes, LinkedIn Learning and apprenticeships