Part Time Principal Pricing Analyst
Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Not Specified
LV= General Insurance is a large, multi-award winning insurance company, with nearly 7 million customers and aspirations for future growth. Our Pricing Department is currently undertaking a number of exciting projects that will help us shape the insurance landscape of the future and with that, we’re currently recruiting for a number of roles within our Team!
Based across a number of different sites (Birmingham, Brentwood, Croydon, London), we’re seeking talented Principal Pricing Analysts who can work Part or Full time to undertake statistical analysis and support product and pricing development, improving the pricing and products we offer to our customers.
The role is operating under a hybrid model - we adopt a flexible working environment with a strong focus on continuous learning and development. We are able to consider a number of different work patterns on part time hours, so please apply to find out more!
So, is it the right opportunity for you?
You'll be curious and keen to develop to become our trusted expert in the field of Pricing. While on the journey, you'll be supported by the team to grow and develop with the more technical aspects of the role. You'll have an analytical mind and a keen interest in helping drive data-led decision making across Pricing. You'll need to have previous experience within pricing and be highly analytical with strong Excel skills. An ability to demonstrate your knowledge of pricing optimisation, and use of your skills to test different optimisation strategies for new business or renewals is desirable. This could also include but not limited to working with Willis Towers Watson’s Radar software.
While having a financial services background could be advantageous, we’re happy to consider applicants from any industry with a proven record in delivering analytical work.
Experience in one or more programming languages such as SAS, Python, R is preferred as you’ll be using this on a regular basis as well as strong communication skills.
Customers are at the heart of everything that we do, so we'd like you to consider the LV= values and customer impacts when proposing pricing changes, appropriately documenting work for implementation and future reference or review. You'll need to carry out and deliver pricing analysis, interpret the output and communicate the results to a technical & non-technical audience. Providing accurate, timely and relevant internal business information, forecasts and analysis.
Working with the wider Pricing team to understand best practices and keep aligned with the best ways of working. You'll deliver project work and reviews / analysis to agreed business timescales, be able to understand requirements in Pricing meetings and document important decisions and challenges from the forum. In addition to this you will build and maintain relationships with teams involved in the Pricing end-to-end delivery process.
LV= GI are recruiting Principal Pricing Analysts in a number of different teams within Technical and Portfolio Pricing.
Why work for us?
Exciting things are happening at LV=General Insurance (LV=GI). Having recently become part of the Allianz family, we’re proud to be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK.
Driven by our pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best-loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
Real opportunity for development and progression
- Structured Career Progression Framework: Opportunity to progress to Pricing Manager.
- Dedicated Personal Development conversations with your manager
- Access to our internal Mentoring programme
- Though our membership with the Insurance Cultural Awareness Network (iCAN) LV= Employees have access to their Inspire mentoring programme: The INspire mentoring program model offers access to senior executive mentors, supports the building of strong mentoring relationships, and significantly enhances the level of socialisation opportunities for professional and personal development across the industry for people of BAME, multicultural or international backgrounds or heritage.
- Training: Coding in languages such as Python and use of specialist software such as WTW Radar, Databricks etc
- P&C Academy: Analysts have the opportunity to attend the Allianz Global P&C (Property & Casualty) Academy. The P&C Academy accreditation helps technical people in the Allianz Group to continuously develop their knowledge as they progress in their careers. It gives recognition to technical excellence, both inside and outside Allianz Group. In addition, the accreditation supports Allianz´s claim to be the employer of choice for top technical talent in the market. The P&C Academy accreditation adheres to international standards and is supported by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), UK.
The course offers:
Rewards and Benefits
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employees job share or work part-time, flexi-time, or compressed hours. Our new hybrid working model now offers all employees the option to work from home 3 days a week and 2 days in the office.
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days - (Based on full time hours).
- An excellent pension plan (please click here to read more about it).
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance.
- Private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover.
- Other flexible benefits including discounted retail vouchers and dental insurance.
- 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions