Senior Business Analyst
Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group
Job Type: Not Specified
About the Role
In an exciting time of change at LV=GI, collaboration is key! As a Senior Business Analyst, you will be an integral part of this evolution, keeping our customer-centric approach and putting the heart back into insurance as we develop out new propositions from idea through to customer launch. Working in an agile environment, you will be bringing energy to our strategies on key change for the business. This is a dynamic and fast-moving place to work, and with so many moving parts, you will need to be engaging, persuasive and the glue that holds different teams together.
Investigates operational needs, problems and opportunities, recommending improvements in automated or non-automated components of new or changed processes and organisation. Assists in defining acceptance criteria for these recommendations.
Works on a project or a number of smaller projects, providing business analysis skills to help the project(s) deliver and achieve their defined business objectives.
Demonstrable experience of successful involvement in a range of complex projects across different Portfolios or business functions. Strong BA skills recognised inside & outside the BA Practice with experience of a wide range of project types/methodologies. Inputs to the enhancement of standards & best practice. Achieved or working towards a professional related qualification, e.g. BCS International BA Diploma. Has ambition to further develop knowledge of Change best practices. Built up knowledge of a range of Portfolios and business domains which is applied to assignments using recognised BA methodologies.
Apply extensive experience of the LV methodologies – e.g. Waterfall/Agile and the ability to determine the approach according to the project size - from small change impacting one business area very quickly to large change taking more than one year and impacting multiple business processes and business units.
Plan own work and that of other BAs. Plan each assignment and write a definition covering the approach, scope, appropriate techniques, deliverables, resources required & deadlines.
Complexity: High – assignment will not be fully defined, which the BA must handle and work towards resolving.
Size: Large – could be assigned any size project.
Accountable: Accountable for own tasks, and those of more junior BAs.
Support: Will work independently and provide support to more junior BAs
- Demonstrate effective use of elicitation techniques for different scenarios.
- Analyse requirements with the appropriate combination of models, prototypes, scenarios, and conversations checking for necessity, consistency and feasibility.
- Validate requirements with stakeholders, taking direction from strategic goals.
- Document requirements as appropriate to the project, for example a BRD for Waterfall and stories for Agile and define acceptance criteria appropriately.
- Consider non-functional requirements at the appropriate stage, for example up front for Agile and alongside the BRD for Waterfall.
- Manage requirements in the most effective way, for example maintain the backlog for Agile or with effective change control and a traceability matrix for Waterfall.
- Demonstrate use of the most suitable method for the assignment and audience.
- Model at the appropriate level, including the ‘as is’ & ‘to be’ business processes.
- Produce and update data models.
- Gain agreement from subject matter experts to models produced.
- Create models across work streams and from end to end.
Demonstrates the influence of company strategy on approach and recommendations. Effectively facilitate meetings and workshops related to a current assignment. Able to facilitate groups at Senior Management and Exec level.
Will lead a team of BAs on a project when required. May line manage up to two more junior BAs. Developing knowledge of leadership tools and techniques to lead and motivate.
- Confident in building new relationships up to Board level.
- Will build third party relationships without assistance.
Demonstrate effective stakeholder management, including identification, engagement, investigation and resolution of stakeholder issues appropriate to the defined outcome.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to determine when to use a template and when to create an ad-hoc document to best effect. Confident in adopting new communication tools and identifying the messages and audiences they are appropriate for. Seeks opportunities to undertake training and mentoring of colleagues within project team and to more junior staff within the wider change community.
Degree standard or equivalent or business experience.
- Logical and creative thinking skills to help solve business change challenges effectively using own initiative.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills within a business change environment.
- Thorough and organised approach to work and analysis activities in line with business priorities.
Why Work for Us?
These are incredibly exciting times here at LV= General Insurance (GI). We are already oneof the largest personal lines insurers in the UK and at the end of the year we will become part of Allianz, aworld-leading financial services company. This means things are changing - quickly - and for the better.
We have ambitious plans that will bring opportunities for all of our people. In addition, we are changing gear,working with a new energy that will see us transform our company, industry and beyond.
We have a vision to becomeBritain's Best loved, and a strange sense of purpose to help our customers look after what they love. We arepassionate and proud about what we do. We will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and ourcustomers.
If you share our ambition and our passion, join us on our journey. Youcan help us shape our new future together.