Senior FBP, Retail Investment & Cost Partnering
Lloyds Banking Group
Location: Bristol City, Greater London
Job Type: Full time
End DateThursday 30 June 2022
Salary Range£76,440 - £95,550
Agile Working OptionsFlexible / Variable Hours, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryThe Central Finance team act as the Finance Business Partner to the Group, helping to deliver a safe and successful business. Responsible for Group level reporting to internal and external audiences, including risk and control and performance management, the team focuses on cost and investment support, as well as conduct and impairment.
This role sits within the Retail Investment & Cost Partnering team at Lloyds Banking Group, replacing a colleague who has recently been successful in securing a role in a neighbouring team.
The role includes responsibilities across costs and benefits and includes some team leadership responsibility.
This position supports a combination of teams who focus on our Distribution channels and the way that we engage with customers. This includes the ongoing improvement in services that we provide to customers, the creation of new product propositions (e.g. Affluent) and how we can improve our treatment of more vulnerable customers.
The teams are currently organised by Value Stream but will transition to a Platform model during the second half of the year. One of the key short-term priorities will be to support a safe and successful transition. In short, it is an exciting time to join the team as the Platforms form and when new relationships will need to be built!
What you'll be doing...
- Helping the Value Streams to plan successfully and contributing to the setting of direction and goals
- Sharing Management information with senior stakeholders, ensuring that results and issues are clearly explained and well understood and that follow up actions are clear
- Supporting and challenging the business, creating well-understood forecasts along with a summary of financial risks and opportunities
- Providing commercial and decision support on key projects and contractual commitments, acting as a trusted advisor
- Playing an active role in engaging with the Centres of Excellence, enhancing the flow of communication and the standards of inputs/outputs
- Embedding the Group’s culture and vision through visible leadership, being a role model for the Group’s leadership behaviours
- Supporting the Head of Finance in building and maintaining a talented team, ensuring colleagues are developed effectively, utilising the groups Your Best principles
What we need from you...
- Prior experience of Finance Business Partnering, influencing and driving improvement in Business results
- Ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels across Finance and Business teams
- Listening, joining the dots and summarising the story (across Investment costs and the resulting financial benefits)
- Challenging constructively to support better quality outputs and outcomes (e.g. through finding better ways to communicate financial information)
- Experience of supporting Change / Transformation including the impact of different technologies on financial statements would be valuable
People are our priority, with a focus on empowerment, career progression, learning & development. We're an inclusive team, valuing a diverse range of styles and opinions. We recognise that in order to attract the best people we need to be flexible and therefore we encourage applications from people who may require flexible working arrangements. We are an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
So what you get in return!
You can expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity.
- Competitive salary - dependent upon location
- Discretionary bonus and share plans
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 15%
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
We’re committed to building a workforce which reﬂects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Together we make it possible.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.