Market Data Operations Consultant - 6 month FTC
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Are you a market data specialist looking to join a collaborative global procurement team? Please read on.
You will be primarily responsible for the provisioning of market data products and services, managing costs, managing the inventory of these services, the reconciliation & payment of associated vendor invoicing and ensuring that our business adheres to the data compliance obligations.
You will become part of an expert global team and lend your expertise to a critical time for the business.
In this role you will take responsibility for the following:
- Work closely with the Market Data Technology & Business Analyst teams to ensure the global team strategy is successfully met
- User administration of market data systems.
- Inventory management of users/services of market data products
- Reconciliations and processing of market data invoices, working with vendors where there are discrepancies; and ensuring payment terms are met.
- Responsibility for data compliance and data access honesty reporting for Refinitiv
- Responsibility for managing EMEA accrual inventory system including managing the accrual to allowable limits and reconciling and resolving accrual variances.
- Responsibility for EMEA market data engagement to the Manila market data Resource Centre, including Manila staff workload management.
- Vendor Management in the accounts payable function and Market Data Third party relationship management Demand management of market data systems and matching the business requirements to the appropriate products.
- Critically analyse the Market Data environment and escalate where risk exceeds the accepted appetite for risk.
- Oversight of the management of the market data contract administration process.
- Ability to run complex and ad-hoc reports tailored to specific business requirements
- Work with senior level executives to explain market data costs and trends.
To be successful and enjoy this role you will have prior experience in market data operations, within a financial markets environment and inventory systems such as FITS. You will enjoy problem solving and using written and verbal communication skills to influence outcomes with stakeholders at all levels, across the business and globe. You will enjoy being part of a collaborative team alongside the ability to work independently and sometimes under pressure to provide timely and accurate solutions. Your technical skills will also include:
- Experience with user and entitlement management for example DACS
- Proven reconciliation knowledge and managing large market data datasets
- Understanding of accounting concepts
- Contract / contract management experience is desired
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.